Job Title: Accounts Receivable Associate
Location: Malvern, PA, 19355
Duration: 12 Months
The Accounts Receivables Associate is responsible for executing processes related to Accounts Receivable (AR), including Invoicing, Exceptions (Deviations, Deductions, Returns, Chargebacks, Rebates, etc.) Credit & Collections and Cash Application. This individual is also accountable to meet specific service level standards as directed by the their manager
• Create, review, sort, and mail manual invoices/credits, sales invoices, service/contract invoices, rebate invoices, and monthly intercompany invoices.
• Enter invoices into government systems, where necessary.
• Enter web invoices as required by select customers to assure timely payment. Provide invoice copies, statements and payment application details as requested.
• Work with sales and customer service to resolve invoice to purchase order disputes delaying payment.
• Create and maintain customer collection files as needed.
• Use electronic methods of billing for specific customers
• Generate and review an accounts receivable aging report for assigned customers each week. Contact customers by phone for payment of past due balances and follow-up with fax, letter and e-mail correspondence as needed.
• Provide invoice copies, statements and payment application details as requested.
• Work with sales and customer service to resolve invoice to purchase order disputes delaying payment Record notes in the collection system.
• Process web invoices as required by select customers to assure timely payment. Create and maintain customer collection files as needed.
• Administer the processing and collection of insufficient funds check
AR Cash Applications
• Ensure accurate and timely application of daily customer payments. Ensure deposited checks from bank lockbox matches the system and reconcile any discrepancies.
• Post payments, deductions, unapplied, and cash discounts against invoices AR exceptions and deductions resolution: Research and maintain deviation logs, tax logs and refund requests. Record write-offs, bad debt and proof of claim.
• Review credits and backup documentation from indirect returns (i.e., from third party reverse processors). Issue credit memos to customers for pricing issues in the system.
• Research and resolve customer short and over payments. Investigate and resolve invoice discrepancies
• Answer all account inquiries documenting requests and responses in database for account history reference.
• Maintain files of forms, approvals and customer correspondence.
• Assist auditors with Cash receipts verification, and provide documentation for various transactions. Assist with credit review process. Review daily listing of new customers.
• Conduct a standard credit review with customer information and a commercial credit report.
• Assist with credit review process.
• Review daily listing of new customers.
• Conduct a standard credit review with customer information and a commercial credit report Administer new and existing customer credit holds and credit release.
• Propose rules-based credit holds for assigned customers or place within granted authorization. Monitor credit holds and credit releases for the accounts receivable department
• Experience in a Shared Services environment serving multiple business units preferred Experience in or knowledge of the Pharmaceuticals/ Healthcare Provider Industry preferred understanding of Accounts Receivable (AR) and the Order-To-Cash (OTC) process
• Experience with billing and exposure to other aspects of the Order-To-Cash (OTC) cycle including cash application, collections, account reconciliation and invoice adjustments and deductions Practical Knowledge of Accounting Systems – Ease utilizing computer systems (including keyboard and 10-key skills) to perform AR duties Proficiency in MS Office tools with an emphasis on Excel Analytical skills and Attention to Detail & ndash; work with multiple customers to resolve payment issues and disputes; exercise sound business judgment in collection balances and payment terms with minimal credit issued
• Excellent communication skills & ndash; communicate effectively with team members, superiors & peers and customers from diverse businesses and regions Prioritizing and Organizing skills – balancing time across different priorities
• Strong customer service orientation – understanding and acting upon differing needs of diverse customers
• Prefer candidates who have experience with large ERP systems like SAP, JD Edwards, and Oracle versus small systems like QuickBooks.
• Candidates should be personable, approachable, have a can do attitude, adaptable to change, problem solvers, and have a willingness to learn.
• This will be a & ldquo; start up & rdquo; atmosphere. Need people who are comfortable in that environment.
• High school diploma (or equivalent) with 2-3 years Accounts Receivable experience (required)
• Higher level education in accounting, finance or business administration preferred