We are looking for an Accounts Payable Specialist to work at our headquarters in San Mateo and be responsible for full cycle AP processing. Role will also involve management of AP team as organization grows.
• Review employee expense reports for compliance with travel and expense policies
• Review all incoming invoices and verify receipt/delivery of good or services
• Request all approvals from appropriate department managers
• Reconcile credit cards and enforce credit card approval and documentation requirements
• Ensure correct data entry into accounting system including department, location and class
• Prepare accounts payable checks.
• Prepare analysis of accounts, as required.
• Prepare monthly closings
• Manage and review the setup of new suppliers including payment terms and banking information.
• Identify procedure-enhancing processes to ensure timely payment and accurate coding
• Respond to all employee and vendor inquiries
• Prepare year end 1099's
• Maintain and update all Accounts Payable policies and procedures.
• Work closely with other internal departments clearing issues including; General Accounting, Purchasing and Receiving relating to crossover invoices.
• Minimum of 2 years full cycle Accounts Payable processing in a high volume environment.
• Must have strong verbal and written communication skills and the ability to effectively deal with all levels of personnel.
• Must have good phone etiquette.
• Must be able to organize the work flow.
• Must have a high acumen to detail, be results oriented, tenacious and have a sense of urgency to meet deadlines.
• Must be able to identify efficiencies and implement process and system improvements.
• Must have customer service oriented interpersonal skills to deal effectively with both external and internal customers/vendors.