Owner of a very successful business seeking to sell and retire.
For sale is a scrap metal recycling/processing business. The property is 20 acres and is located in Dixon, Illinois. The 20 acres is zoned for heavy industrial usage, and is permanently grandfathered in to remain that way. This is a turn-key business, everything that is here is included. This property has been in business since 1955.
There is a 2100 square foot ranch style home with 4 bedrooms and a 2 car attached garage. The house is in a beautiful country setting with lots of trees and only 1 mile from town. There is a very large main building that has 5 overhead doors, four loading docks, and is 12,800 square feet. There is a brick building that could be used for office space and is 1500 square feet, another building that is 4000 square feet, and two warehouse-type buildings totaling 6000 square feet.
The property is in an excellent location in north-central Illinois. 70 miles from the quad cities, 100 miles from Chicago, 100 miles from Milwaukee, and 20 miles from one of the biggest railroad hubs in the U.S. which is in Rochelle Illinois.
The equipment included:
- Many forklifts between 3000-6000 lbs
- Skid-loader with forks, bucket, and grapple
- Fiat-allis enloader with forks and bucket
- Car body / tin baler with attached crane
- Two roll off trucks, 20+ container boxes
- Semi and several trailers
- Aluminum Can machine
- Several indoor balers that can be used for aluminum, cardboard, or even copper wire
- 3 working scales, one of which can be used for weighing cars or even trucks
- Several shears
- Wire Stripping Machine
This is a once in a lifetime opportunity for somebody looking to get into the industry, or somebody looking for a good long-term investment, all you have to do is walk in, open the gates, and get started!