The Project QC Manager is a member of the project management team and takes the lead role in managing the project’s quality control. The person will provide primary technical support to all team members and the specific craft management by developing and implementing the Project Quality Plan and researching all technical questions and providing prompt responses to those questions.
Minimum high school diploma plus a Level II CWB welding inspection certificate with 5-8 years experience performing QC inspections in an industrial construction environment is required. Level III CWB welding inspection certification would be considered an asset. In addition, previous experience in a managing role is strongly recommended. The QC Manager must have knowledge of the various construction disciplines and their procedures.
This individual must be a self-starter, highly motivated with the ability to work with minimal supervision. The Quality Control Manager must have the ability to learn quickly and understand various processes, compnay policies, procedures and software programs. This position also requires the individual to identify and resolve quality related issues that may arise The Quality Control Manager must possess excellent organizational, administrative, communication and interpersonal skills.
Develop thorough knowledge of project scope, schedule, contract plans and specifications
* Read and understand drawings, plans and specifications
* Examine and inspect field conditions and identify problems and inaccuracies that arise
* Inspect subordinate’s work for compliance with scope of work, contract plans and specifications, point out deficiencies, explain and take any necessary corrective actions
* Manage, train and mentor multiple inspectors in their respective duties and responsibilities
* Assist with and oversee development of the Project Quality Plan
* Manage and ensure implementation and effectiveness of the Project Quality Plan through periodic reviews, document findings and take corrective actions address shortcomings
* Prepare monthly Project Quality Report, review and co-sign with the Construction Manager and submit to Regional Quality Manager
* Facilitate Quality Plan Implementation walk around
* Plan and perform field inspections and tests to coordinate with the construction schedule, ensuring craft supervision do the same
* Ensure that tests are performed, received and interpreted timely so that impacts due to failure are minimized
* Provide training to craft supervision regarding the project specific quality process and requirements
* Participate in and provide QC input for task planning
* Develop written plans and procedures for project specific activities
* Organize and maintain project QC files
* Review and approve all third party test results for compliance with project requirements and other legislative requirements
* Ensure that Quality Improvement Reports are filled out and logged and that the cost of rework is tracked and summarized monthly
* Liase with third party testing and authorized inspection agencies
* Assist in the interpretation of construction codes and standards
* Ensure that welder certifications and status logs are current and properly maintained
* Coordinate work with other co-workers on the job.
* Perform other duties as required by supervisor or manager
* Listen to directions and suggestions from supervisors or other employees regarding safe and proper work practices, evaluate that information and devise and implement a plan based on that evaluation for carrying out the duties of this position.
* Proactively identify workplace safety hazards and take all necessary corrective actions to eliminate or minimize them.
* Understand and respond appropriately to all safety hazards and warning devices (i.e. back-up alarms, smell of smoke, different colored warning tags, warning sirens).
* Produce high-quality work that meets the requirements of company policies, procedures, industry standards, and client expectations.
* Examine/inspect field conditions and identify problems, inaccuracies, and cost saving measures that arise or that may be encountered. Take corrective actions as needed.
Please email resume if you feel you are qualified for this position.