Job Title: Electrical Maintenance Supervisor - Coal Mining
Job Ref: #1669
Location: Birmingham Alabama Area
Salary: Depends on experience.
Description: The Electrical Maintenance Supervisor is accountable for all maintenance to maximize electrical continuity while achieving budgeted maintenance and production targets in a safe cost effective manner for equipment and facilities assigned to his responsibility.
The main challenge of the Electrical Maintenance Supervisor is to effectively and efficiently maintain the electrical components and power distribution within the mine. The Supervisor's objective is to optimize the crews' contributions to achieving equipment availability and power delivery goals at a minimum cost.
All electrical maintenance is performed in the field, frequently under adverse conditions in widely separated locations of the mine. The Supervisor must therefore develop people to work without direct supervision for much of the shift and be able to delegate work effectively and efficiently. The Supervisor must be a proficient organizer to allocate personnel and service equipment to jobs in a productive manner. It is also essential that the Supervisor work closely with operations supervision in order to respond to production priorities and to effectively assign maintenance priorities on the off shift.
Although planning is the key to performing efficiently, the Supervisor must be flexible to react to unexpected circumstances such as premature or unscheduled breakdowns and conflicting priorities with other departments especially on the off-shifts. Another important aspect of the Supervisor's responsibilities is the training and motivating the crew. This responsibility is important for ensuring productivity, safety, and quality of work.
1. The incumbent will fulfill the health, safety and environmental requirements identified for this position. The incumbent will also ensure that all applicable governmental regulations are also adhered to.
2. Maximizes equipment availabilities to meet or exceed all production requirements by ensuring that fleets and power centers are maintained in a safe, efficient and effective manner on his shift.
3. Minimizes maintenance cost per hour by ensuring that the Preventive Maintenance program is followed, only necessary parts or components are replaced, and manpower is utilized efficiently
4. Ensures to an effective exchange of information through follow up with other foremen and the Superintendent, and by participating in shift turnover meetings daily and safety meetings monthly with the crew
5. Maximizes the safety and productivity of employees on the crew by planning and supervising the work, by providing regular feedback to the crew, and by keeping the crew up to date on work methods and procedures.
6. Generates and maintains work orders, employee records, and documentation that will allow administration of a cost effective warranty recovery program
7. Submits accurate information to the Engineer/Support group for their generation to complete required maintenance records
8. Contributes to improving safety and productivity by implementing changes to electrical standards and work practices
9. Develops skilled and knowledgeable employees by recommending and providing training for subordinates and evaluating the results of training that is received. under his direction
10. The Supervisor has total responsibility for his crew in the areas of safety, productivity, work standards, and personal matters. He ensures all planning, parts, procedures and follow up for shovel shutdowns are executed in a timely manner.
1. Previous electrical maintenance supervisory experience
2. Prefer College Degree
3. Industrial Electrical and/or PLC training classes.
4. 5 years practical experience in an industrial setting performing electrical work and successful supervisory experience is essential.
5. Working knowledge of plant automation and electrical systems.
6. Allen Bradley PLC - 5 and Control Logix PLC's. Ethernet IP fiber optic and UTP networks. Devicenet networks. PID controllers.
7. Power Distribution - 120/240 volt systems, 480 volt systems, 4160v systems, and 34.5kv systems.
8. PLC Programming.
9. A good working knowledge of computers and the ability to work with computerized maintenance management systems is a requirement.
1. 5 recent years practical experience in an industrial mining setting performing electrical work and successful supervisory experience.
2. College Degree preferred.
3. Recent experience with Allen Bradley PLC - 5 and Control Logix PLC's. Ethernet IP fiber optic and UTP networks. Devicenet networks. PID controllers.
4. Recent experience with power Distribution - 120/240 volt systems, 480 volt systems, 4160v systems, and 34.5kv systems.
5. Experience with computerized maintenance management systems.
6. Stable employment history.
The company is looking to fill this position immediately. You must meet all of the requirements to be considered. Please explain in your email how you meet each requirement. If you DO NOT meet the requirements above, DO NOT send your resume because I will not respond back, sorry. Send resume 24/7 in MS Word format only. Place the full job title in the subject line and send to: