About the role
As a Maintenance Mechanic at Cristal you will:
- Safely and efficiently maintain/repair process equipment and machinery including but not limited to pumps, valves, field piping, welding, carpentry and concrete work as required in accordance with Company policies, procedures and work instructions
- Ensure production targets and quality specifications are met safely and efficiently
- Monitor and troubleshoot both the process and equipment.
- Minimize downtime by accurate fault finding, investigating and determining repair actions.
- Use the Company computer system for maintenance tasks, and completion of any documentation, reports and training as required.
- Isolate plant and equipment to your level of authorization for maintenance purposes.
- Maintain a high standard of housekeeping.
- Perform all other related duties including step up planner and mentoring.
- Expected to work overtime and shift work.
- Must be physically fit to perform essential job functions.
You will have;
- High School Diploma and relevant certifications a plus
- A minimum 5 years of industrial maintenance experience
- Working knowledge of fixed plant operations
- Experience in the chemical industry, mineral processing or heavy industry.
- The highest regard for safety processes and Personal Protective Equipment requirements.
- Be able to work in an adaptable team.
- Good problem solving and decision making skills.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Good computing skills in basic Office software plus an ability to comprehend other data presented electronically
Cristal and its nearly 4,000 employees across five continents are proud market leaders in manufacturing titanium dioxide products. We are passionate about pursuing perfection in our work, providing for our family of employees, and creating a cleaner, brighter future with the products we make.
Cristals Ashtabula Complex, consisting of two plants about a mile apart from one another, is Cristals largest TiO2 production facility and accounts for 30 percent of the companys overall production. The two plants occupy approximately 140 acres adjacent to Fields Brook, one and a half miles south of Lake Erie, and are located about an hour from Downtown Cleveland.
Among Clevelands many highlights are the second-largest theater complex in the U.S. (after New York City), the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame & Museum, the world-class Cleveland Orchestra, major professional baseball, football, and basketball teams, and one of the most extensive and interconnected city park systems in the country, providing many things to do and see in the area year round.
We offer a competitive salary with an annual bonus and a comprehensive benefits package, including paid time off, medical, dental, vision, short-term disability, long-term disability with buy-up option, basic life & AD&D insurance with buy-up option for self and dependents, 401(k) with company match, and pension.