A job with AT&T as a Telecommunications Specialist (Engineering) can provide you with exactly that!
Take advantage of our paid training and wide range of career possibilities. AT&T offers a competitive salary, company provided vehicles and tools and benefits that include medical, dental, paid vacation, and more!
Our Telcommunications Specialist (engineering) work both inside and outside and are responsible designing, maintaining, and building outside plant facilities.
What you'll do as an AT&T Telcommunicaitons Specialist (Engineering):
- Gather field data and prepare field notes for recommendations to engineers and/or for designing work orders.
- Drive a company vehicle.
- Enter manholes to gather data and verify plant conditions.
- Coordinate activities with other departments, customers, utilities municipalities, and/or businesses.
- Review and interprets work orders.
- Work with various systems to design, order and maintain electronic equipment.
- Work outside in all weather conditions.
In addition to STRONG communication and technical skills, our Telecommunicaitons Specialists (Engineering) must have the following:
- Valid state drivers license and non-negligent driving record
- Ability to lift and move up to 60lbs
- Satisfactory results from a background/employment history investigation and drug screening
- Ability to perceive differences in wire and cable colors
- Ability to complete on-the-job and/or classroom training as required
- Cable splicing experience
- Engineering work order experience
- Outside plant facilities knowledge
Technical Mechanical Test - II
Engineering Qualification Interview
Physical Abilities Evaluation (PAE)
Test study guides can be found at www.att.jobs/tips
The largest communications company in the United States. And the world. We are the industry leaders in providing wireless service, high speed internet access, local and long distance voice, and directory publishing and advertising services across the US. We are also developing our business to include next-generation television services with our new AT&T U-VerseSM TV.
Join our incredibly diverse company of more than 250,000 people and help drive the innovation that keeps AT&T at the leading edge of technology and service. Expect big things from the company that created the communications industry.