Rich Broadcasting is searching for an experienced, dynamic, and creative Program Director for its Classic Rock Station, KPKY. As the KPKY Program Director, you will develop and manage all programming on the station. Ensure that programming serves the needs and interest of the station’s targeted audience and garners sufficient ratings to meet the station’s short and long term strategic goals.
• Protect the Rich Broadcasting brand, create innovative on-air programs and propel the success of the stations in the market
• Protect the FCC license of the station
• Hire, train and maintain high-performing, effective programming staff
• Manage day to day operations of the station
• Work within Operations budget
• Ensure that the station’s programming serves the needs and interests of the targeted audience
· Supervise the use of any syndicated and/or outside service
• Work closely with the sales and promotions department to develop marketing opportunities for station to achieve the
station’s rating goals, facilitate audience growth and market presence
· Evaluate and analyze demographic and market research and appropriately implement research findings
· Stay current with all relevant industry practices and information
• Represent Rich Broadcasting in the highest regard within the community and business environment
· Cultivate community relations to benefit Rich Broadcasting as a whole
· Work in compliance with all Company policies and procedures
Work Experience Required
• A minimum of 2 years of prior announcing and production experience for a radio station
• A three minute audio air check and production sample must be submitted with completed employment application
Skills & Abilities Required
• Acceptable on-air presence and voice quality
• Proven management and leadership qualities
• Develop and maintain effective communications with both internal and external business partners
• Proven networking abilities in the South Eastern Idaho market and surrounding areas
• Flexible with hours and weekends
• High school diploma
Preferred, But Not Required
• Bachelor’s degree in Broadcasting or Communications , or equivalent experience
Qualified candidates are invited to download the application available on our website (www.richbroadcasting.com).
To be considered an application must be submitted by fax, email or mail for current posted positions.
Resume is only accepted when accompanying our application. Unsolicited resumes will not be accepted.
An Equal Opportunity Employer