Our organization prides itself on excellence, putting the education and development of our children first and foremost. When you consider a career at Learning Care Group, know you will be joining a team that is passionate about thoroughly preparing their students for all the challenges that lie ahead.
As a Director in Training, parents, teachers, and your Director will look to you for answers, direction and assistance. You will be trusted with a wide range of tasks that will be essential to the smooth running of the School as well as to the educational development of the children. Some of the exciting things that you will do as a Director in Training include, but are not limited to:
- Make a difference every day!
- Assist the Director with the operation of the school, ensuring that the school is operating in accordance with company and state licensing standards.
- Be responsible for ensuring an educational, caring and safe environment for the children and parents.
- Spark imagination, build self-esteem and help children discover new things each day.
- Teach, educate and monitor children as needed.
- Assist Director in staff development and training.
- Promote the positive image of the company and play a major role in making the company a provider of choice in educational programs for the communities that we service.
- Help achieve profitability for the company.
In order to be considered for this position, you must meet all state licensing requirements, including:
- At least 21 years of age
- Must obtain and maintain the Director’s Credential Bronze Level which includes high school diploma or GED and
- ECD/CD Knowledge and Skills: 6+ approved credit hours in ECE/CD or a minimum of 90+ formal hours with at least 10 hours in each of the seven knowledge and skill areas: child growth and development; child guidance and management; child observations and assessment, curriculum and instructional methods; family and community relationships; health and safety of young children; professionalism and leadership or a recognized credential or certificate
- Administration and Management Knowledge Skills – a minimum of 40+ formal hours with at least 10 hours in any of the Management Knowledge/Skills areas: Educational Programming and family support; personnel and professional self-awareness; staff management and human relations; leadership and advocacy; program operations and facilities management; legal management; fiscal management and
- 3 years of experience in an early childhood setting or 12 months of documented administrative internship or supervised lab and a minimum of two points in professional contributions
- Associate’s or bachelor’s degree preferred