Contact:SFC Carlos Estrada Vega
Posted in: New York City: Queens Educational Jobs
Education is an important key to realizing your potential.
The Guard offers lots of programs to help both you and your dependents. Take advantage of scholarships, funding programs and academic counseling.
- Montgomery GI Bill provides a monthly allowance of up to $356 for books and supplies.
- Post-9/11 GI Bill can cover up to 100 percent of your tuition, depending on how long you serve. You can actually pass this benefit on to your children if you’ve already been through school, or if you don’t intend to use it for yourself. You must be a Soldier who has served at least 90 days of Active Duty service on or after Sept. 11, 2001.
- Army National Guard Kicker provides up to $350 per month in living expenses.
- State Education Programs provide additional benefits on top of GI Bill benefits.
- Specialized Training Assistance Program provides a monthly stipend of $2,122 if you are in medical training for one of the specialties most needed by the Guard.