At the Calgary Winter Club, we are proud of our Club, our people, and what we do.
- We take ownership in what we say and do
- We are accessible to others
- We take the most ethical approach
- We are genuine and sincere in our interactions and actions
- We respect one another's values, talents, and contributions
The Calgary Winter Club is a private member owned social and athletic club, one of the best in North America.
The Club is seeking part time Gymnastics Coaches. The Gymnastics Coach instructs preschool and recreational gymnastics programs and classes available either Monday or Tuesday evenings (or both) starting at 5:30pm or 4:30pm respectively.
1. Lead and instruct preschool, recreational, and/or tumbling classes for participants of various ages and ability levels
2. Track participant progress and prepare related reports
3. Adapt skills and drills to suit the immediate needs/abilities of the individual/class
4. Create and implement gymnastics related games and activities
5. Make daily safety inspections of the gymnastics facilities and equipment
6. Maintain a continuous and high level of Customer Service ability
7. Assist with the administration and running of classes and events
Knowledge & Skills Required
1. Takes initiative and ownership of task
2. Creativity and ability to inject fun into every class
3. Level 1 NCCP Artistic Gymnastics, Gymnastics Foundations, Active Start Certification (or a willingness to acquire upon hiring)
4. Minimum 1 year of previous coaching experience or youth leadership
5. Basic working knowledge of the LTAD model and physical literacy
6. Ability to lift and move around gymnastics equipment of various sizes
7. FirstAid / CPR Certification
8. Supervisory experience and other qualifications/certifications an asset