Manages planning, construction, maintenance, equipment alteration, furniture, buildings, and grounds to provide a clean, safe, comfortable, code compliant facility.
Essential Duties & Frequency Performed
1. Manages planning, construction, maintenance, equipment alteration, furniture, buildings, and grounds to provide a clean, safe, comfortable, code compliant facility.
- Manages the implementation and enforcement of safety policies and procedures to ensure compliance. Must have knowledge of Occupational Health and Safety Act and Provincial Ministries as they apply to operating the call center.
3. Coordinates with outside vendors to ensure quality work is performed at competitive rates.
4. Ability to complete general handiwork; as not all work is contracted out.
5. Coordinates activities with department managers.
6. Oversees the planning of equipment and building maintenance.
7. Gathers and reviews data concerning facility or equipment specifications, organization or government regulations, and construction feasibility.
8. Plans, budgets and schedules facilities modifications including estimates, bid sheets, layouts, contacts, and labor/material requirements.
9. Inspects the construction and installation progress to ensure compliance with established specifications, space allocation, layout, and timetables.
10. Maintains facility security systems.
11. Serves as the facilities presence on the Health and Safety committee.
12. Submits requisition for expenditures.
13. Investigates health and safety issues and work with Human Resources and Site Director to resolve such issues, such as air quality, pest control, and ergonomic requests.
14. Coordinates with health inspectors.
Other Duties as assigned
Responsibility & Decision Making Authority
Freedom to Act
Normally receives general instructions on routine work and detailed instructions on new assignments Escalates critical issues to appropriate party. Applies knowledge of the job, and company policies and principles to complete a wide range of tasks.
Supervision Given & Received
Work is performed under minimal supervision. Responsible for the direction, coordination and evaluation of the department. May manage maintenance worker(s).
Interacts with cross-functional peers (HR Manager, Site Director) to provide assistance, and with Facilities Manager II and SR to receive assistance with non-routine situations.
Vendors, government agencies or authorities
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
Basic understanding of the general and technical aspects of the job.
Skills & Abilities
· Fluent in speaking and writing English.
· Comprehensive knowledge of construction trades and janitorial management.
· Solid knowledge of vendor management, Request for Proposal (RFP) process, and contract administration.
· Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
· Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
· Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of the organization.
· Ability to solve practical problems.
· Ability to adapt to changing priorities, meet deadlines and work well under pressure.
· Ability to plan own work and the work of others in one or more departments.
· Ability to prepare and/or develop plans for projects involving coordination with other departments and/or outside vendors.
· Ability to exercise initiative and judgment as well as make decisions within the scope of assigned authority.
None required. Electrical, plumbing and HVAC preferred.
None required. Electrical, plumbing and HVAC preferred.
Ability to use computers, specifically email (Microsoft Outlook) and other basic software applications.
Education & Experience
High school diploma, GED or equivalent combination of education and related experience is required.
At least three (3) years related experience is required.
Requires use of standard office equipment and PC/VDT, mouse, and various peripherals. Equipment requires involved set-up, adjustments and operational procedures (e.g. word processing equipment, personal computers, scanners and digital copier/printer). May operate various power tools.
Medium work: Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 20 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
Talking - Expressing or exchanging ideas by means of the spoken word; those activities where detailed or important spoken instructions must be conveyed to others accurately, loudly or quickly.
Hearing - Perceiving the nature of sounds at normal speaking levels with or without correction and through headphones, and having the ability to receive detailed information through oral communication, and making fine discriminations in sound.
Repetitive Motions - Making substantial movements (motions) of the wrist, hands, and/or fingers; having the ability to write by hand and type.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Minimal travel may be required
Reports To: Site Director for daily tasks. CFO for corporate initiatives.
StarTek is a Business Process Outsourcing (BPO) company dedicated to service. We help our clients manage the customer experience across the customer life cycle, resulting in enhanced customer retention and a higher return on customer investment. We enable our clients to better acquire, on board, serve, grow, and retain customer relationships with both business customers and consumers.
StarTek offers a variety of Customer Management solutions that provide front- to back-office capabilities utilizing the StarTek Choice delivery platform. StarTek Choice offers a variety of multi-channel capabilities including voice, chat, email and IVR interactions. In addition, we have 20 contact centers that provide onshore, near shore, and offshore locations, complemented by our StarTek@Home delivery platform, which can offer blended solutions for our clients.
StarTek Solutions include:
- Customer Care
- Technical and Product Support
- Up-sell/Cross-sell Programs
- New Sales
- Provisioning and Complex Order Management
- Receivables Management
- Retention/Loyalty Programs