Midwest Management & Compliance, LLC is seeking a full-time Maintenance Technician to help with maintenance/janitorial operations on site at on or more affordable housing developments (Section 42 and/or Section 8 project based) properties in Indianapolis, Indiana. The Maintenance Technician will be responsible for the general upkeep of the property’s buildings and grounds with assistance from outside contractors and senior Maintenance staff.
Qualified candidates must possess adequate proficiency and communication skills to deliver excellent customer service and to perform general punch requirements, carpet cleaning, painting, snow removal, equipment upkeep, grounds upkeep, and basic service requests such as: replacing light bulbs/light kits, unclogging toilets, garbage disposal installation/repair, basic water heater repair, basic cleaning and resident services that mirror punch responsibilities. More advanced skills to efficiently and effectively troubleshoot and repair plumbing, appliance, electrical, and carpentry needs of the property are preferred. Certifications such as EPA, HVAC, etc. a definite plus.
Qualified candidates should be able to work with moderate to minimal direct supervision. Compensation based on experience and certifications. Position available immediately. On call duty and occasional Saturday work schedules are to be expected. Maintenance Technician is also responsible to complete any other assignments as directed by Senior Staff. Send job qualifications to:
Attn: Human Resources
A. Purpose of Position: Responsible for the general upkeep of property’s buildings and grounds.
B. Reports to: Community Manager(s)
C. Supervises: N/A
D. Essential Duties:
· General punch requirements;
· Snow removal;
· Equipment upkeep;
· Grounds upkeep;
· Cutting keys;
· Replacing light bulbs/light kits;
· Unclogging toilets;
· Garbage disposal installation/repair;
· Basic heater repair;
· Basic cleaning and resident services that mirror punch responsibilities;
· More advanced skills to efficiently and effectively troubleshoot and repair plumbing, appliance, electrical, and carpentry needs of the property;
· Qualified candidates should be able to work with moderate to minimal direct supervision;
· On call duty and occasional weekend work schedules are to be expected;
· Other assignments as directed by the Community Manager or Regional Manager;
· Maintain the work order system, logs and other records;
· Prepare reports on subjects like preventative maintenance, inventories, and equipment.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· 2-5 years experience in a maintenance position
· Available for emergencies 24-hours a day, 7 days a week
· Excellent customer service skills
· Possess valid Indiana driver’s license
· Adequate verbal and written communication skills
· Basic math and analytical skills
· Basic computing skills
· Able to work effectively with diverse populations
· HVAC & EPA certifications preferred
Work environment/Physical Demands:
The physical demands described below are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions:
The position requires the employee to work indoors and outdoors, day or night, in a wide range of temperatures and overall weather conditions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
Work involves use of hand and small power tools, and involves significant amounts of bending, stretching, walking, reaching, pushing, pulling, grasping, standing, and lifting of up to 100 pounds on a regular basis.
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.