Posted in: Mankato Labor Jobs
GENERAL DUTIES OF SECURITY PERSONNEL
- Must be able to walk, climb stairs, and stand as job duties indicate (for making rounds etc.)
- Must be able to verbally communicate effectively with others.
- Must be able to read and comprehend written word, English (sign in rosters for truckers and visitors, to issue ID badges, to check employee ID badges.)
- Will do a general visual inspection of all employees to prevent theft, acts of vandalism or acts of terrorism. If willful acts of theft, vandalism or terrorism are suspected, security personnel will search handbags, lunchboxes, briefcases, and conduct body searches if necessary.
- Other paperwork as assigned.
- Must be able to work rotating shifts. MORNING shift hours are 5:30am to 1:30pm or 6am to 2pm. AFTERNOON shifts are 1:30pm to 9:30pm or 2pm to 10pm. OVERNIGHT shift is 10pm to 6am. WEEKEND shifts are 6am to 6pm and 6pm to 6am.
- Security personnel will be watchful for suspicious activity, such as acts of vandalism, theft, or terrorism, in and around the plant. If such activity is observed, security personnel will notify the appropriate management personnel and/or law enforcement officials, dependant on the situation.
- Must be able to operate short wave radio, which weighs about 2 pounds.
- Must be able to operate a cell phone.
- Must have ability to obtain forklift driving certification.
- Must be able to visually inspect employees when they arrive or leave work to prevent acts of theft, vandalism or terrorism.
- Must be able to visually inspect trucks to insure load accuracy and cleanliness.
- Must be able to push and pull 10 to 20 pounds occasionally as traffic through security gates dictate. Lift gates weigh approximately 10 pounds. Sliding gates (which are on rollers) weigh approximately 10 to 20 pounds.
- Must be able to assist with general landscaping duties as the season dictates—lawn mowing, lawn edging, snow removal.
- Must be able to lift and carry 5 to 20 pound packages approximately 3 to 5 city blocks.