CWS is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity, genetic information, disability or protected veteran status.
Please visit the link below to apply directly online to this position.
Please note that CWS does not accept resumes for positions that are not posted. All applicants are required to submit their resume using the on-line applicant tracking system.
CWS uses ApplicantStack for all communications, please be sure to check your e-mail frequently and please check your junk/spam folder. Due to the volume of applications that we receive, only those individuals shortlisted will be contacted.
Assist the Attorney and/or other paralegals in the preparation of the case files including compiling application packets in an accurate fashion by completing required accompanying documents and providing interpretation/translation for attorney(s) and/or clients when necessary. Perform outreach in the community. This position is stationed in Palm Beach County.
• Analyze each applicant to determine eligibility for desired immigration benefit.
• Spot potential problems and issues in each instance that may prevent applicant from receiving desired benefit.
• Identify potential solutions for identified issues and problems.
• Conduct intake and/or exit interviews and determine client eligibility for services.
• Assist clients in completing their immigration applications, including, but limited to employment authorization (I-765); permanent residence (I-485); asylum (I-589); parole renewal (I-94); citizenship (N-400).
• Compile application packets in an accurate fashion by completing required accompanying documents, such as birth certificates, marriage certificates, photographs, translations, etc.
• Develop and maintain accurate Case List and manage case files.
• Stay abreast of developments in immigration laws and changes in procedures.
• Act as interpreter or translator as needed.
• Review and clip relevant newspaper articles and file for later reference.
• Performs outreach during evening and weekends when necessary.
• Work from community partners locations as assigned. • Perform other related duties as requested.
Education: Bachelor’s degree or equivalent professional experience required.
Experience: Previous work experience with asylum seekers, refugees, asylees, and immigrant entrants. Fluency in Spanish or Haitian Creole, with strong writing skills in English required.
Other Skills: Computer literacy in word processing, spreadsheet, database and Web-based applications.