City:West Des Moines
Posted in: Des Moines Legal Jobs
Iowa Realty is seeking an experienced Legal Assistant to work in this highly independent position. The responsibilities of this position are:
- Respond to questions from managers and agents regarding contracts and transactions.
- Provide administrative and litigation support to the General Counsel.
- Investigate and respond to issues presented by customers, employees and contractors. Manage databases, files, and forms.
- Intake of Earnest Money disputes. Draft letters, maintain deadlines and send disbursements.
- Intake of Iowa Real Estate Commission and DMAAR complaints. Work with agents to provide timely answers to complaints.
- Submit E&O claims to the carrier. Maintain correspondence with E&O and relay to agents.
- Must be a self-starter with the ability to coordinate a high volume of work.
- Professional writing, correspondence and speaking skills.
- Strong organizational skills & basic research skills.
- Law firm or corporate legal department experience is required, as well as real estate experience.
- Must be highly customer service oriented.
- Must have obtained an Associate’s degree or Bachelor’s degree.
Please see above.