It’s a powerful feeling, to belong. It’s inspiring people to do more than they thought they could. It’s leading the way by rolling up your sleeves to accomplish a common goal. It’s taking a passion and turning it into your vision. Belonging is what it feels like to work at Marriott. If this sounds like the place for you, join us.
The Chicago Regional Office located at 9550 West Higgins, Suite 910
Rosemont, IL, 60018 is currently hiring a Claims Adjuster I (Job Order # 12001GP3)
Responsibilities include: JOB SUMMARY:
A Claims Adjuster I is responsible for the timely, good faith adjustment and disposition of self-administered casualty claims in multiple jurisdictions. Responsibility extends to all aspects and phases of investigations, evaluations, negotiations and settlements/denials of the following claims: workers’ compensation, auto liability, no-fault uninsured motorist and general liability.
SCOPE/BUSINESS CONTEXT/EXPECTED CONTRIBUTIONS
· Manage 75 -150 casualty claims on assignment.
· Acceptable caseloads vary based on the jurisdiction(s), mix and complexity of Worker’s Compensation and General Liability cases as determined by Claims Supervisor.
· Investigate, evaluate and dispose of claims promptly – taking statements as necessary – to determine liability/compensability.
· Evaluate damages and pay benefits as prescribed by law and/or Marriott policies and procedures.
· Secure necessary documentation to facilitate timely loss adjustment and maintain primary responsibility for settlement decisions up to individual authority.
· Complete and monitor timely WC payments/state filings.
· Monitor and actively manage WC medical treatment with the goal of minimizing disability. Consult Occupational Health Services as necessary.
· Participate in the Service Call program and complete required Service Call reports detailing current case status.
· Evaluate claims for potential third party or subrogation recovery.
· Demonstrate commitment and support to management team and department goals.
· Actively participate in regularly scheduled unit meetings and department meetings.
· Comply with Marriott Casualty Claims Policy and Procedure Manual requirements.
· Comply with Marriott’s Corporate Policy Manual.
· Effectively utilize the Valley Oaks System (VOS) to manage all claims electronically.
· Enter action plan notes/website notes into VOS.
· Work toward and achieve claim’s production objectives agreed upon by office.
· Participate in activities that foster teamwork and continuous quality improvement.
· Entry-level position. Demonstrated track record as a claims representative and/or demonstration of skills and potential to be a claims adjuster.
Knowledge and Skills
· Effective reasoning, analysis and decision making skills.
· Effective influence skills.
· Maintain confidentiality.
· Strong negotiation skills.
· Strong organization skills.
· Strong hospitality skills.
· Ability to prioritize work.
· Ability to meet deadlines and follow up in a timely manner.
· Good communication skills (verbal, listening, writing), including the ability to deliver difficult messages to customers and/or claimants.
· Good investigation skills.
· Basic knowledge of claims process.
· Strong computer skills.
· Ability to work well in a team, providing assistance to fellow associates and representing the mission of the unit, department or region.
· Possess a willingness to accept and respond positively to constructive criticism.
· Present oneself with a positive, professional demeanor.
· Communicate often with supervisor keeping him/her informed.
· Show dependability.
Education or Certification
· High School Diploma or GED required.
· Two or four year degree from an accredited college/business/technical school preferred.
· Applicable industry licensing.
Marriott International is consistently recognized as an employer of choice around the globe by FORTUNE and Working Mother magazines, DiversityInc, Great Places to Work Institute, and the CRF institute among others. Visit our newsroom to learn more: news.marriott.com
To search all jobs or learn more about Marriott careers:
Connect and network online with us:
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture.