• Evaluates resident's interest and involvement in Life Skill.
• Develops Life Skills tailored to each resident's unique needs and abilities.
• Engages residents in Life Skills throughout the day and evening.
• Assist in maintaining an inventory of Life Skills programming supplies.
• As applicable, assist residents with daily care of any animals and/or plants as part of the Life Skills program and services.
- One (1) year experience working with memory impaired seniors.
• High School diploma / GED accepted and may be required per state regulations; certification(s) may be required per state regulations. - Ability to motivate, encourage residents; knowledge of how to adapt life skills to the cognitive and functional ability of each resident.
• Inspire, motivate and encourage volunteers and fellow team members to engage residents in meaningful, purposeful activities throughout the day and evening.
• Ability to handle multiple priorities .
• Possess written and verbal skills for effective communication.
• Competent in organizational & time mgmt skills.
• Demonstrates good judgment, problem solving and decision making skills.
• Ability to make responsible choices, decisions and act in a resident's best interest.
• Ability to work semi-independently without direct supervision by following community procedures and guidelines, ability to follow through on assigned tasks.
• Basic proficiency in computer skills, Microsoft Office with the ability to learn new applications.
Since the first Sunrise community opened in 1981, the Sunrise operating philosophy has been to provide services and care to seniors following Sunrise's Principles of Service: encouraging independence, enabling freedom of choice, preserving dignity, celebrating individuality, nurturing the spirit and involving family and friends. All Sunrise team members are trained to provide services and care in a manner that supports these principles and furthers the Sunrise mission to champion quality of life for all seniors.
Sunrise team members share Sunrise's passion for seniors and commitment to quality. We hire the very best team members who have a natural serving heart and commitment to providing the very best in service and care. When we welcome someone to our team, they complete the thorough, award-winning The Learning Channel training program to prepare them for their role in the community.