If you are passionate about your practice as a Certified Nurse Aide, we are looking for you. A career at Hope Hospice offers professional growth and personal fulfillment as you help patients and their families make every moment meaningful during the last weeks of a life-limiting illness. Our clinicians are changing lives as their care enables families to spend more quality time together when time is limited. The impact a hospice aide has on a family can be your legacy, too.
We are looking for experienced hospice aides who would like to be a part of our care team.
Provides personal care and emotional support to patients of Hope Hospice.
- At least one year experience, as a Nursing Aide in a hospital, nursing home, home health agency, hospice, or long term care facility.
- Must have current state certification as a nurse assistant and have completed a Certified Nursing Assistant Program or course at a recognized college, university, or prep school.
- Must successfully pass the written competency evaluation and skills validation as required by regulations, prior to delivery of services, and updated at least every 12 months.
- Must have reliable transportation, valid Texas driver’s license, and automobile insurance.
- Communicates effectively in English, both verbal and written.
- Must be at least 18 years of age, mature, and able to deal effectively with the job demands.
- Able to tolerate rapid fluctuations in workload and varied distances of travel related to patient visits.
- Sensitive and sympathetic attitude toward the sick and their caregivers/families.
- Evidences personal integrity, appropriate personal presence, and strong work ethic.
- Able to work effectively within a team approach as well as independently.
Duties and Responsibilities:
A. Personal care
- Performs personal care, which may include bath, oral hygiene, hair and nail care, incontinent care, dressing and undressing, and linen change.
- Performs skin care; observes, documents, and reports skin breakdown.
- Assists with exercises such as ambulation, transferring, positioning and passive range of motion as instructed.
- Uses all medical equipment properly and safely to meet the safety needs of the patient.
- Assists with nutrition by preparing meals and assisting with feeding if required.
6. Measures and records vital signs when ordered.
- Assists patient with self-administered medications.
- Assists with elimination, which may include emptying of drainage bags, assistance with bed-pan, urinal or bedside commode.
- Maintains patient’s immediate environment with respect to safety, cleanliness and order.
10. Communicates with patient and family using effective listening skills and respects patient’s rights.
11. Practices safety measures, including universal precautions, back precautions, home and personal safety precautions, and by reporting injuries, accidents, and incidents according to policy.
B. Interdisciplinary Team
- Documents each patient visit accurately and reports unusual or unexpected events and changes in the patient’s status to the Care Manager or Clinical Coordinator.
- Delivers patient care according to the Plan of Care developed by the RN.
- Attends interdisciplinary team meetings as schedule permits to give updates on patient/family.
Please note that prior to employment, Hope Hospice will perform a criminal history and motor vehicle check . This includes the search of the nurse aide registry and employee misconduct registry. All positions require a post-offer pre-employment drug screen and medical evaluation.
- Support philosophy and objectives of Hope Hospice.
- Maintain professional appearance, behavior, attitude, and integrity.
- Keep abreast of and abide by policies and procedures of the agency.
- Maintain confidentiality and ethical behavior.
- Promote a team approach through cooperation, mutual respect, flexibility, and dependability.
- Participate in appropriate meetings and activities, including Performance Improvement.
- Exhibit good stewardship of resources, including self-care.
- Read materials and attend in-services, seminars or conventions as needed for professional growth.
- Contribute to an atmosphere of excellence, mutual respect, and caring.
- Perform other duties as assigned.