The Licensed Vocational Nurse assists and supports the RN in patient care planning, organization and implementation, administering personal care, medications, treatment and procedures as authorized by hospital policy, LVN license/scope of practice and standards of nursing care.
- Graduated from accredited college/university/school.
- Passed CA LVN State Board exam and has a license in good standing.
- One year experience in an adult and/or adolescent inpatient psychiatric unit; May include up to six (6) months experience on an inpatient chemical dependency unit.
- Experience with involuntary patients
- Experience with the management of assaultive behavior and seclusion and restraints.
- Completion of clinical rotation in Psychiatric Nursing.
- Completion of curriculum Pharmacology Class
- Reference from one nursing instructor/nurse manager