The St. Louis Big Band currently has openings for:
We are an 18 piece big band that features a rotating line-up of 7 of the finest soloists in St. Louis. Venues that we have previously performed at include The Sheldon Concert Hall and The Chesterfield Amphitheater. Our budget is rapidly expanding and is expected to total $50,000.00 for 2012. In addition to making a follow-up appearance at The Sheldon we plan to record our second studio album within the next year.
If you are interested please respond ASAP.
Please do not hesitate to forward this post to any colleague, student, or friend that may be interested. We need to fill these vacancies as soon as possible.
Here is a little info and history about this band that I humbly founded in the basement of my church. I am proud to say that we are now the #1 big band in the metro St. Louis area by performance demand.
Rotating Soloist Line-Up:
Joe Mancuso, Vocals
Doug Burns, Vocals
Sarah Jane, Vocals
Courtney Loveless, Vocals
Rachel Bisch, Vocals
Heather Decker, Clarinet
Paul Reynolds, Clarinet
- October 2010: Founded
- December 2010: First Public Concert
Total Performances: 1
Total Audience: 60 People
Total Production Budget: $1,000.00
- May 2011: Recorded self-titled studio CD
- October 2011: The STL Big Band Gives Back Launched - Raising over $5,000.00 for charity.
- December 2011: Performed at the historic Casa Loma Ballroom.
Total Performances: 12
Total Audience: 1,500 People
Total Production Budget: $10,000
- June 2012: Invited to perform at The Sheldon Concert Hall
- August 2012: Current soloist line-up of 5 vocalists and 2 clarinet players announced
- September 2012: Appeared on Fox 2 - KTVI
- Appeared at the Chesterfield Amphitheater to an audience of 2000
- October 2012: The St. Louis Big Band is the number 1 big band in St. Louis by performance demand.
Year End Projection:
Total Performances: 30
Total Audience: 10,000 People
Total Production Budget: $50,000