Seeking a Senior Production Control Planner with 5-10 years of experience in material planning and/or production scheduling to work in our Oxnard, CA location. This role will drive material requirements and manage the supply chain to minimize both shortages and inventory sales. The Sr. Planner will be responsible for establishing production schedules based on available capacity and material availability with a goal of 100% on-time delivery to customers. The right candidate will have the skills to drive improvements to information systems to support the planning and production process. Experience working in a manufacturing environment is a plus.
REQUIRED SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE
Proficient with MS Dynamics (or equivalent ERO systems) as well as Microsoft Excel and Access.
- General understanding of Lean Manufacturing principles.
- Strong background in application and usage of ERP systems required. Ability to generate reports and organize data essential.
- Effective written and oral communication, organization, and interpersonal skills; ability to review and interpret concepts and to communicate necessary actions and requests clearly and concisely.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related field is required. AA Degree with equivalent experience may be considered.
- APICS certification desired
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Develops and maintains metrics and reports for forecasting, backlog, linearity, on- time delivery, inventory levels, E &O, RMA activity, and the like.
- Maintains the Master Production Schedule (MPS) which drives demands for materials.
- Monitors materials inventories, tracks progress against production schedules, and coordinates with Purchasing to resolve supply chain issues.
- Directs inventory management and control activities including storage, segregation, issuance, tracking and flow of materials.
- Provides input for Demand Planning activities including Master Scheduling, material allocation and Order Fulfillment.
- Ability to maximize the use of resources through just in time material planning and capacity based production scheduling to minimize inventory costs and maximize on-time delivery to customers.
- Identifies capacity bottlenecks and initiates corrective action with responsible parties.
- Releases and manage shop floor work orders incorporating necessary engineering change orders or deviations.