A temporary worker is engaged to supplement the workforce during periods of unusual or emergency workload, leave of absence or vacation. A temporary worker can be engaged to perform tasks ranging from routine to highly complex. Length of assignments vary up to a maximum of six (6) months. Assignment may be at corporate offices, airports or other field locations.
The following responsibilities may apply: Typing, filing, ensuring telephone coverage, greeting and directing customers, handling mail, ordering office supplies, updating manuals, arranging travel and hotel accommodations, coordinating mass mailings or special projects. Some positions may require typing speed of 25 to 49 WPM based on the nature of the work. Prepares weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual reports from automated databases.
Rate of pay for this position is $10.10 per hour. This is a temporary position and does not include employee benefits or flight privileges. Once hired into this position, the candidate is allowed to apply for the Company's internal vacancies. If hired into a permanent internal position, flight privileges will begin immediately. Similarly, medical benefits would begin after regular employment is met (effectivity is determined by the work group that the employee is hired into).
- High School diploma or GED
- Previous on-the-job office/clerical experience
- Minimum typing skill of 25 to 49 W.P.M.
- Possess excellent office and communication skills
- Working knowledge of PC including Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Must be able to read, write, fluently speak and understand the English language
- Must fulfill FAA criminal background checks to qualify for unescorted access privileges to airport security identification display areas (SIDA), if applicable
- Must be able to secure appropriate airport authority and/or US Customs security badges, if applicable
- Must have acceptable credit, which will be verified if required for the department