GENERAL FUNCTION: Handles customer telephone calls providing outstanding customer service. By using job knowledge and the information available, makes every effort to answer the customer's question/solve the problem. Educates the customer about Bank products and services, and up sells and cross-sells other products based on the customer's needs.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Handles customer calls in a professional, courteous manner.
* Provides accurate information to the customer. Explains products and policies so the customer can understand.
* Takes every step possible to answer the customer's question or solve the problem during the call, without transferring the customer to another employee or department. When follow-up is required, doing so within the timeframe committed to the customer.
* Follows departmental policies and procedures, particularly in regards to customer confidentiality
* Accurately enters or confirms customer information into database; initiates and/or completes proper request forms in assisting customers.
* Effectively uses computer systems for tracking, information gathering, and/or troubleshooting.
* Educates the customer about Bank products and services and up sells and cross-sells other products based on the customer's needs.
* Suggest improvements and changes to processes and policies to improve productivity or customer satisfaction
* Continually learning and developing knowledge of Bank products and services.
* Perform any other duties assigned
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: None
MINIMUM KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED: High school education or equivalent. Must be able to perform data entry and basic computer skills. Knowledge of banking products and procedures helpful. Excellent customer service skills and the ability to articulate and explain information clearly. Previous customer service or call center experience preferred. Excellent telephone communication skills are essential. Must be able, and willing to learn about Bank products and services. Good problem solving skills.