Need to be able to communicate English/Portuguese
Accountant - Exciting Opportunity in Oil Field Services Industry!
Allegis Group Services on behalf of Schlumberger - Houston, TX
We are excited to partner with oil field services industry leader Schlumberger to hire amazing accounting professionals at their new financial hub in Houston located in the Energy Corridor! These accounting roles offer the opportunity to enter an incredible global company with exposure and experience to a multi-country environment from a US location. Schlumberger is currently focusing on hiring by geomarket and this one is for Brazil. These roles will be based in Houston.
Benefits of the positions include:
• Full time positions with competitive benefits
• Relocation available
• Travel and training in country for 11 weeks and then be located full time in Houston, TX
• Growth opportunities - Global Company
Desired Skills and Experience:
It is strongly preferred that candidates have intermediate experience in speaking/writing Spanish and/or Portuguese.
It is preferred that candidate have 2-8 years of experience working in Accounting and possess a BS in Accounting.
Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States for any employer.
- Running day-to-day operations to meet KPI objectives based on Service Level Agreements (SLA) between the Hub and Geomarket
- Performing analysis as and when required by Geomarket or segment
- Developing domain expertise
- Identifying and reporting critical issues to the supervisor
- Preparing, reconciling and reviewing the Balance Sheet notes (including sub systems)
- Preparing monthly forecast of the Profit and Loss Accounts for the Operations Controller
- Assist in the formulation of budgetary or planning process
- Preparing and analysing the Profit and Loss accounts including detailed review of revenue and cost transactions
- Controlling and preparing general ledger entries including prepayments, accruals, allocations, reclassifications etc
- Preparing segment analysis and reports for Operations Controller, Operations Manager, Field Segment Managers for planning purposes.
- Preparing Fiscal analysis and management fiscal reconciliation in accordance with Local/ Country tax requirements.
- Providing support to Geomarket on Tender P&L’s/analysis for Operations Controller and Operations Manager for planning purposes.
- Providing assurance about the accuracy of information contained in financial reports and their compliance with statutory requirements
- Ensuring all reports are submitted within deadlines
- Participating in ad hoc reporting, analysis or projects as required.
About this company
Our client, Schlumberger, is the world’s leading supplier of technology, integrated project management and information solutions to customers working in the oil and gas industry worldwide. Knowledge, technical innovation and teamwork are at the center of Schlumberger. For more than 80 years, the company has focused on leveraging these assets to deliver solutions that improve customer performance.
Schlumberger real-time technology services and solutions enable customers to translate acquired data into useful information, then transform this information into knowledge for improved decision making-anytime, anywhere. Harnessing information technology in this way offers enormous opportunities to enhance efficiency and productivity. This is a quantum leap from providing traditional 'just-in-case' information to delivering 'just-in-time' knowledge that meets the changing needs of its customers.
Reflecting its belief that diversity spurs creativity, collaboration, and understanding of customers' needs, Schlumberger employs over 120,000 people of more than 140 nationalities working in approximately 85 countries. Employees are committed to working with customers to create the highest level of added value. Knowledge communities and special interest groups within the company enable teamwork and knowledge sharing unencumbered by geographic boundaries.
Schlumberger and Allegis Group Services are both Equal Opportunity Employers.
EOE/AA IF INTERESTED PLEASE E_MAIL firstname.lastname@example.org