Are you looking for a challenging, energizing and rewarding career with a stable employer in our community? Do you have strong communication and problem solving skills and enjoy working with people?
Xcel Energy's Eau Claire, WI location (Sky Park) is currently hiring Call Center Associates (Customer Contact Center) for an upcoming initial 6 week training classes starting on January 13th or 27th, 2014. Work hours will be 40 hours per week. Eau Claire's Sky Park Customer Contact Center operating hours are 24/7. This is an entry-level, fully benefited position with starting pay of $10.50 per hour.
- Opportunity for pay increases and job advancement based on performance
- Eligible to participate in Xcel Energy's full benefits package
- Casual dress environment, employee discounts, and on-site fitness center
Bilingual (Spanish/English) candidates are strongly encouraged to apply!
!Candidatos bilingÃ¼es se recomienda aplicar!
The Customer Contact Associate's primary responsibility is to provide accurate information to Xcel Energy customers in a respectful and efficient manner by anticipating the customer's needs, and satisfactorily resolving issues with one contact. Accountable for individual performance indicators of customer satisfaction and productivity to ensure that the overall business objectives are achieved. Regular, reliable attendance is an essential job function.
- Provide high quality customer interaction through multiple channels in a Contact Center environment. Typical contacts include, but are not limited to: establishing, transferring and/or disconnecting service; analyzing and explaining customers' bills; negotiating payment arrangements; consulting and offering services and options that customers want and value; and handling gas/electric calls, including emergencies. Participation in on-call rotation during escalated events required.
- Performs other duties as assigned, including work on special projects.
At Xcel Energy, our customers' quality of life depends on the energy we provide. Every time they flip a switch or turn a dial, they tap into the energy of over 12,000 people working to make life better. As a leading combination electricity and natural gas energy company, Xcel Energy offers a comprehensive portfolio of energy-related products and services to 3.4 million electricity and 1.9 million natural gas customers.
Xcel Energy has become a leader in the energy industry by demonstrating excellence in environmental performance. Our environmental commitment includes improving air quality, conserving resources, harnessing renewable energy, and protecting wildlife and habitats.
Xcel Energy's vitality comes from our people. It takes professionals in engineering, customer service, linemen, marketing and sales professionals, energy traders, mechanics, finance and accounting professionals and many others to power our company. We offer competitive compensation and benefit programs that include a range of options and coverage levels.
- High School diploma or equivalent required.
- Additional education in business or related field is desired.
- Minimum of 1.5 years of experience in a customer service environment required; preference given to Xcel Energy call center experience.
- Applicant must successfully pass pre-hire skills assessment, classroom training and meet all performance expectations.
- Good verbal and written skills required.
- Knowledge of computer based-systems, Internet and Microsoft office applications (Outlook, Word, Excel) required.
- Ability to work effectively with multiple computer environments while talking on the telephone. Must be customer focused and results oriented.
- Some weekends, evenings and overtime is required.
- Participate in on-call rotation.
Primary Location:Wisconsin-Eau Claire
Xcel Energy is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
As a leading combination electricity and natural gas energy company, we offer a comprehensive portfolio of energy-related products and services to 3.4 million electricity customers and 1.9 million natural gas customers.
We have regulated operations in 8 Western and Midwestern states, and revenue of more than $10 billion annually. We own nearly 300,000 miles of conductor miles of transmission and distribution lines and more than 35,000 miles of natural gas pipelines. We are proud of our community involvement. Through the Xcel Energy Foundation, our economic development activities, and employee volunteer efforts, we are committed to using our considerable resources and skills to benefit the communities we serve.
Our environmental policy states that Xcel Energy will be valued as a leader in the energy industry by demonstrating excellence in environmental performance. The most recent National Renewable Energy Lab's ranking of green pricing programs ranked our Windsource® and Renewable Energy Trust first in number of customers and fifth in energy sales out of over 500 U.S. utilities. Our key environmental commitment includes improving air quality, conserving resources, harnessing renewable energy, and protecting wildlife and habitats.