Presented By: Jen Burns Licensed Agent with Keller Williams Realty One - Praireville LA
Specializing in Homes for Sale in Baton Rouge and Ascension Parish.
225-907-3305 | Jburns513@gmail.com
FSBO - Why are People Scared to Buy from You.
Are you having difficulty selling your home on your own? Are you wondering why?
A few points to consider:
• Liability- We live in a culture where people bring law suits at the drop of a hat…can you afford to take on that possibility? A misunderstood statement or a problem not disclosed can lead to big problems. Not only do you open yourself up to litigation, agents do not want to bring their buyers to you. Why? Because you are a liability to them and their clients.
• Safety- Do you want to open your house up to just anyone? Agents track who is in your home, when, and for how long. They vet potential buyers before those clients enter your house.
• Cost- By the time you spend your money advertising and sell your home you may have incurred more cost than an agent’s fee. A couple of balloons, an ad in the paper, and some free punch and cookies is NOT going to get it done.
• Exposure- An agent can reach far more people than you can. The networks available to an agent are tremendous. Unless you pay a several hundred dollar listing fee, for example, your home will not be listed in MLS, shrinking the pool of potential buyers by several orders of magnitude.
• Time on the Market- If your agent is honest with you on price and how to prep your home, it will sit on the market for a fraction of the time it will take you to sell your home. Next time watch how long the home without an agent sits on the market vs a house that has Real Estate Agent representation. Also consider that a home that is on the market too long is generally perceived to have something wrong with it.
• Correct Pricing- Can you really separate your emotions and price your house properly? Do you think you can price your home not to cheat yourself or drive away prospects? The amount Mr. Johnson across the street sold his house for does not necessarily mean that you will get the same price…and who is to say that he told you the actual selling price? Even worse, sites like zillow.com can often estimate wildly inaccurate prices for homes.
• Ability- Do you have the ability and time to answer every phone call and every knock on the door? Can you leave work to show your home to an out of town buyer at 10:30 am on a Tuesday?
• Hassle- You will have to deal with the questions, the knocks on the door, the phone calls, and people wanting to walk through your home. You will have to deal with the termite inspector, the mortgage evaluator, the home inspector, the people buying your home… and that is not even counting your part of the move!
• Negotiations- Do you have enough emotional control to know how best to evaluate a buyers offer and then respond to buyer contingencies, timetables for appraisals, inspections, financing and much more? Will you be able to diplomatically ask for money if an offer is too low, without alienating a potential buyer?
Call JEN BURNS for MORE INFORMATION 225-907-3305
Keller Williams First Choice
37325 Market Place Suite D
Prairieville, LA 70769
Each office independently owned and operated – Licensed in the state of Louisiana, USA