You may apply by submitting your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please no phone calls
Responsible for providing meals and maintaining standards of kitchen cleanliness.
Duties And Responsibilities Include The Following:
- Prepares all food according to the menu in a safe, sanitary manner under the direction of the Dining Services Manager.
- Insures proper preparation, portioning, and serving of food according to standardized recipes.
- Prepares quality food products according to standardized recipes and menus.
- Prepares food in a timely manner at specified meal times.
- Assumes responsibility for total kitchen operations and handles all situations in the kitchen according to policy.
- Follows departmental procedures including sanitation, safety, and cleaning schedules.
- Follows proper cleaning procedures and storage of all dishes, utensils and cooking equipment.
- Insures all food in refrigerator, freezer, and dry storage are labeled and dated.
- Oversees proper food handling and utilization of all food to prevent contamination, increase quality, and reduce cost.
- Suggests menu or recipe change to utilize leftovers and other supplies.
- Cleans all food service equipment, kitchen and food storage areas.
- Coordinates work of dietary aides.
- Efficiently uses time to complete assigned work.
- Ability to effectively communicate in English and understand and follow written and oral instructions.
- Other duties as assigned.
The cook may supervise the Dietary Aide if the Dining Services Manager is not available.
High school diploma or general education degree (GED) preferred; or one to three months related experience and/ or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Positions require knowledge of special diets. Hours needed will vary you will fill in for the full time staff as needed when they are on leave or on vacations.