Seasonal Merchandising Associate – Shreveport, LA
APPLY ONLINE NOW AT www.spectrumbrands.com/careers!!
Responsible for servicing, merchandising, and promoting the sale of company products through established national retail accounts in assigned territory. Additionally, this position is responsible for building consumer loyalty by assisting consumers in selecting products appropriate to their need, through asking questions, listening, recommending products and influencing the sale.
PRIMARY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Meet or exceed company sales goals by maintaining store presentation standards through resets, fixture installation, store sets, retrofits, inventory reconciliation, shelf maintenance, display maintenance and POP installation.
- Identify opportunities for incremental display space to drive volume goals.
- Provide product knowledge training to store personnel with the intention of allowing them to better drive sales to the end user.
- Generate sales by increasing brand awareness and trial through direct interactions with consumers in assigned stores.
- Increase consumer purchases through meeting consumer response, retailer response, and business response objectives in assigned stores to include:
- Deliver increased sales and meeting point-of-sale (POS) targets in assigned stores
- Generate consumer awareness in assigned geography by assisting in home & garden shows
- Participate in promotional events in assigned territory
- Assist and monitor customer satisfaction.
- Must understand and demonstrate safe work practices at all times to ensure a safe work environment.
- Contribute to the accomplishment of key performance indicators including safety, quality, production, cost and development.
- Comply with all company policies and procedures.
- Other duties as assigned.
An equivalent combination of:
- High school diploma or GED preferred and;
- 1 to 2 years previous sales or retail experience ideal.
- Professional communication skills and ability to communicate effectively with all levels within the organization.
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Competitive drive to succeed
- High level of initiative
- Strong leadership ability
- Ability to work effectively with a high level of independence
- General understanding of marketing and business fundamentals
- Problem solving ability
- Ability to travel extensively within territory with overnight travel as needed
- Ability to work flexible hours, weekends and evenings as needed
- Ability to climb ladders and lift up to 60 lbs.
- Reliable transportation
- The employee is regularly required to stand, walk, and use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls.
- Ability to climb ladders and the employee must frequently (or occasionally) lift and/or move up to 60 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- The noise level and working conditions may be similar to those for a warehouse facility.
- Exposure to weather conditions while traveling between assigned stores.