David L. Mestas
San Jose, CA 95110
(408) 380-4065 /cell (480) 771-2199
OBJECTIVE: To obtain employment as a Truck and Trailer Mechanic
Milpitas Adult Education Milpitas, CA
B & A Friction San Jose, CA
Suspension/Air and Brake Certification
· Twenty years experience as a Truck and Trailer Mechanic
· MIG and TIG metal and wood fabrication
· Supervision and staff training
· Air Brake Repair and Replacement
· D.O.T. Safety Inspection
· Knowledge of Power Hand Tools and Safety Procedures
· Ability to work from Blue Prints and Follow Design Specification
· Experienced in Repair of Hydraulic and Pneumatic Equipment.
4/06-4/08 FJM Truck & Trailer Center San Jose, CA
Performed engine diagnostics and brake overhauls, repaired and rebuilt transmissions, valve mechanisms, engines and clutches, completed general welding fabrication, performed D.O.T. inspections for heavy equipment, provided excellent customer service.
12/02-3/06 Legacy Transportation San Jose, CA
Performed D.O.T. safety inspections of heavy duty fleet equipment, diagnosed and repaired fleet equipment within allotted time estimates, repaired hydraulic and pneumatic equipment, including lift gates and trailer lifts, repaired air ride suspension systems, troubleshoot electrical wiring, welded a variety of metals using Arc, Tig and Stick, trained new employees and supervised shop staff.
4/98-12/02 Coast Counties Truck & Equipment San Jose, CA
7/88-4/98 Lakeshore Carrier Santa Clara, CA