Sr. IT Consultant – DBA Position in Newark, NJ
• 5+ to 7 years of experience
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a related discipline and at least two, typically five or more years’ experience in the design and administration of logical and relational databases in diverse technological environments. Without a degree, at least four, typically eight or more years’ experience in the design and administration of logical and relational databases in diverse technological environments.
• Has experience on in file structures, design, retrieval and access methods, etc. and understanding of the systems development lifecycle. Also, Experience working with databases that are clustered and attached to a SAN infrastructure and Oracle ASM, RAC and Portioning.
• Prefers candidates with ITIL Foundations certification, Oracle and Microsoft SQL certifications and
• Understanding of other common RDMS database systems.
• Candidate must foster an inclusive work environment and respect all aspects of diversity. Successful candidate must demonstrate and value differences in others' strengths, perspectives, approaches, and personal choices.
• Responsible for the day-to-day administration, technical support, troubleshooting, maintenance, upgrades, performance and overall health of an Oracle and Microsoft SQL database infrastructure within a UNIX, Linux and Microsoft Windows Server clustered server environment. Ensure high levels of data availability and reliability of the systems.
• Respond effectively to the continuing demands for information 24/7 by business clients, contractors and other areas of IT and comply with policies and procedures for the administration of the databases, maintenance and upgrades of database software, and oversight of backups and standby databases.
• Work closely with business clients in understanding data access requirements and ensuring proper performance of transactions within the database in support of complex business application development requirements and processes. Also, with Project Managers and vendors on new systems, enhancements and upgrades to the database environment.
• Establish and maintain databases for user tests and production purposes, ensure high levels of data availability and reliability of the systems, participate in all Disaster Recovery planning, testing and execution and provide support for database security and SOX audits to ensure database integrity and user access.
So if you are a Top notch Sr. IT Consultant and wants a new challenge with highly competitive compensation, benefit packages and significant professional growth, Apply now!