Great organization in Orlando seeking an experienced Low Voltage Technician
This person will be responsible for working on a variety of low Voltage systems infrastructure including fiber optic cabling, category cabling and coax in construction of new institutional, industrial, and commercial buildings. Ideally this candidate will have leadership skills to drive and coordinate activity.
The scope of the job includes pre-wiring, installation, programming, and maintenance of products and services ordered for structures under construction, prior to and after placement of walls/ceilings, as well as, existing structures for security systems, smoke detectors, telephones, cable television, CCTV, intercom systems, central vacuum systems, phone &cable jacks, control panels, speakers, antennas, security control boxes/panels, keypads, low voltage lighting, voice activated systems, and audio/video systems
· Install, move, and modify telecommunications and related equipment, according to job order specifications, standards, and procedures.
· Diagnose equipment malfunctions.
· Repair voice and data equipment.
· Maintain and report accurate records of hours and materials used.
· Report and monitor service order changes.
· Maintain and repair telecommunications systems and equipment according to manufacturer recommendations and specifications.
· Perform additional functions incidental to technician activities.
· Install electrical and mechanical control mechanisms.
· Install structured wiring and/or audio visual and video data voice equipment.
· Install surround sound, audio and video equipment, structured wiring, fire and intrusion alarm systems and intercom.
· Train the customer on system use and how to obtain system maintenance, if needed.
· BICSI Certified or Equivalent
· Knowledge of Copper and Fiber Installations
· Knowledge of Testing & Certifying Cables
· Knowledge of Testing Tools
· Must have the ability to install and troubleshoot on various infrastructure systems.
· Estimate Jobs for Clients and RFPs
· Job duties include but are not limited to: Installing, terminating, testing low voltage cabling (Copper and Fiber) to meet or exceed all standards and codes.
· Knowledge of NFPA 72 and NECA codes and TIA standards
· Extensive knowledge of Fire stop.
· Work effectively with support personnel
· Read and interpret blueprints, diagrams, submittals, specifications, software/systems programs, schematics, and operation product manuals
· Must maintain the proper documentation for work performed
· Must adhere to company safety policies and procedures to ensure all the duties are performed in a safe professional manner
· Excellent communication and organizational skills
· Outstanding customer service and problem solving skills
· PC Skills including windows, excel, and outlook are a plus
· Ability to demonstrate and uphold companies core values which include integrity, accountability, teamwork, innovation, and growth.