Client : Leading Pharmaceutical Company
Location : North Chicago, IL (60064)
Job Title : PC Technician
Duration : 12 Months (Possibility for Extension)
Must have experience in Level II Desktop Tech.
· Work with other Support Center analysts and Senior Technicians to understand workstation support needs.
· Resolve calls that have been escalated in the Call Tracking system; assume primary responsibility for client’s workstation support; provide hands-on and remote controlled workstation support services; provide expertise on support services when requested by peers and clients.
· May be required to create software images; lead/participate in Hardware & Software deployments; Hardware and Software procurement and disposal; management of print server queues and network printers.
· Responsible for all work in progress assigned to ensure completion of tasks and proper communications with clients; provide “on-call” level-2 support; provide primary Support Center operation (approximately 40 – 80 hours annually) to maintain awareness and enhance operations of Support Center; personally operate support outposts in client area; reconcile client demand for services with available resources; participate in Support Center planning functions; record all support activities for proper measurement of support business.
· Must enjoy solving a wide variety of problems on a continual basis.
· Skills and experiences with the use of technology in a business environment, including exposure to Help Desk Support, data communications/networks, and application environments (mainframe, workgroup, and desktop).
· Experience with customer service functions such as workstation support; demonstrated exceptional organizational skills; familiarity with DOS/Windows and Lotus SmartSuite application software; ability to ascertain the criticality of incoming requests; fundamental understanding of word processing, spreadsheet and terminal emulation products to properly diagnose problems.
· Ability to translate technical terms into non-technical language; understanding of computer terms and acronyms; ability to learn new processes and procedures.
· Associates Degree in Computer Science or related discipline, and at least two, typically four years experience in computer support.
· Excellent customer service, interpersonal, organizational and communication skills; ability to work in a fast paced changing environment.
· Prefers experience in large scale company in very diverse technical capacity