Client: Telecom Company
Title: Wired Network Test Engineer
Location: San Jose, CA
Duration: 6 months (Possibility for extension)
· Must have Automation experience.
· Must have Wired Protocol Testing.
· Must have Switching experience.
· 5+ years of L2 & L3 feature and protocol testing.
· Must have experience of Functional / Feature Testing as well as System Testing.
· Strong knowledge of and in depth, hands on experience testing networking products - (examples TCP/IP, VoIP, XML, WIFI, Linux, etc.).
· Excellent network administration skills are necessary. Need to setup test environments with Linux based systems using Radius AAA, DHCP, etc. for local test fixtures.
· Strong knowledge of L2 (Bridging, STP, MSTP, RSTP, 802.1q, 802.3ad) , L3 ( routing, RIP, OSPF) and Security (IP Sec, Firewall, IDS, NAC)
· Strong knowledge with System Test – L2/L3, performance, scalability testing
· Demonstrated experience of using network monitoring and analysis tools to debug Ethernet/IP layer problems.
· Ability to automate is required. Solid automation experience (Perl/Tcl) a plus.
· Knowledge of 802.11 / WiFi technologies, with specific focus on Access Points and Wireless Switches. Wireless Sniffer experience is desirable.
· CCIE, CCIE Security a plus.
· Education: BS EE/CS required