The Programmer is responsible for analysis, design, coding, component and assembly testing, documentation and placing in production of all application code owned by the Application Team.
Programmers typically are involved in maintenance (including production support), enhancement and development work. Programmers have a range of skills and knowledge of the technologies used and applications supported by the Application Team. The Programmer works with the Functional Architect, Team Lead and Technical Architecture Specialist on an as needed basis to ensure that design and code meets customer requirements. Programmers may schedule nightly jobs and may be responsible for job status monitoring and recovery.
Years of Relevant Experience: 8 plus years
Preferred Education: 4 year college degree or equivalent technical study with advanced study preferred.
· Converts scientific, engineering, and other technical problem formulations to formats that can be processed by computer.
· Resolves symbolic formulations, prepares flowcharts and block diagrams, and encodes resultant equations for processing by applying extensive knowledge of branch of science, engineering, or advanced mathematics, such as differential equations or numerical analysis, and understanding of capabilities and limitations of computer.
· This is a professional level non-supervisory position which may require coordination of programming activities being conducted by the team
· Confers with other business and technical personnel to resolve problems of intent, inaccuracy, or feasibility of computer processing.
· Works with necessary personnel to determine if modifications are necessary with interested personnel to determine necessity for modifications or enhancements.
· Leverages excellent written and verbal communication skills to develop new business process and programming solutions as directed by business and technical stakeholders.
· May coordinate activities of computer programmers.
Respond to this Ad
Avoid scams and fraud
Signs of fraud: wire transfer, money orders, cashier checks, shipping, escrow, "transaction protection", "guarantee". Be safe by dealing locally. Read more