Ashly Audio Inc. is recognized as a world leader in designing and manufacturing quality signal processing equipment and power amplification for use in the commercial sound contracting and professional audio markets. The philosophy we established from the very beginning holds true today: to offer only the highest quality audio tools at an affordable cost to the professional user. Thirty-nine years later, Ashly remains committed to this principle.
We are currently seeking an Embedded Systems Software Engineer for a position with excellent growth potential. The selected candidate will join a world-class team of engineers responsible for creating our next generation of audio products.
Your responsibilities at Ashly:
As an Embedded Systems Software Engineer at Ashly you will be intimately involved in the specification, design, and development of software powering our next generation audio products. As necessary, you might support existing products, interface with customers, and 3rd party suppliers. Your day to day activities will include:
- Be a technical leader and/or member of an Agile software development team, working closely with other team members in a collaborative environment to ensure that software developed meets or exceeds internal quality metrics and product requirements.
- To apply your vast experience of embedded software and embedded technologies to develop creative applications for Ashly products.
- Providing technical support to the rest of the engineering team on software topics such as system architecture, development methodologies, and software quality improvements.
- To conduct detailed analysis, design, and develop software solutions to satisfy product requirements.
- Mentor team members in all areas of software engineering, with emphasis on embedded software, and help them understand and apply new technologies, methodologies, and novel approaches to solving complex problems.
Qualifications we look for:
Significant personal experience in areas such as, POSIX compliant software application design and implementation, creating real-time embedded systems including driver development, and network programming is a necessity, as is the proven ability to manage your personal schedule in a complex, fast-moving engineering environment. Your qualifications will include:
- 5+ years of experience in embedded software product development using C & C++
- 5+ years Object Oriented Analysis & Design (OOD) experience
- 5+ years implementing, profiling, and optimizing algorithms, data managers, and messaging for performance and memory optimization
- 5+ years experience with modern software engineering practices, principles, and tools, including Agile software development practices
- 5+ years experience with Linux Kernel and various run time distributions
- Demonstrated experience with device driver development for common hardware interfaces
- Demonstrated ability to read schematics, component datasheets, timing diagrams, and use test equipment for troubleshooting software and platforms
- Past experience developing / debugging assembly language code
A strong candidate will also have:
- 5+ years experience with embedded application development using a Real Time Operating Systems (RTOS) or Linux or home grown runtime framework
- Experience in the design and implementation of robust communications protocols
- Experience developing rich user interfaces and User Experience (UX) design, including mobile device apps
- Experience with software build and test automation including custom software tools
- Experience building and porting Open Source software
- Basic understanding of analog circuits (after all we are an audio company)
- Experience with DSP software development including signal processing techniques, applications, and algorithms
- Experience with Verilog HDL or VHDL for FPGA development
- A BSCS, BSCE; any other and advanced degrees welcome
TO APPLY ONLINE, PLEASE USE LINK PROVIDED: http://secure.sterlingdirect.com/jobboard/?JOBBOARDID=597&JobDetail=172454
Ashly Audio, Inc.
847 Holt Road
Webster, NY 14580
Ashly Audio, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.