Responsible primarily for manufacturing engineering functions associated with shock absorber production.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned
- Troubleshoots manufacturing problems and related tooling, equipment or process issues
- Develops new tooling and/or gauging to meet customer requirements or resolve customer complaints
- Work alone or with others to identify, implement and track cost savings ideas.
- Determine process cost and schedules
- Recommend, support and/or implement improvements, modifications, or additions that will improve work processes.
- Analyzes need for new product development and develops process to meet needs including if need specification, ordering and installing new equipment or processes
- Prepares justification concerning requests for capital expenditures.
- New equipment specification, selection, installation, and prove out
- Documents and analyzes work processes to improve process flow and process control
- Develops process documentation including Process Flow and FEMA, Operator instructions, standardized work, and preventive maintenance recommendations
- Identifying and implementing continuous improvement opportunities for increased overall equipment effectiveness
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
A Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical, Industrial, or Electrical Engineering or similar technical degree and a minimum of two years of directly relevant working experience.
Additional 5 years experience working as a Process or Manufacturing Engineer in an industrial setting can be substituted for the degree.
Self-starter, hands on manufacturing process engineer needed for rapidly growing automotive growing facility. Looking for process “owners” to provide process leadership and support of overall plant objectives. Ability to work in teams; excellent interpersonal skills; excellent verbal communication skills; excellent customer service ability; excellent computer skills including ability to use AUTOCAD and Microsoft Office; ability to work independently; excellent supervisory ability; excellent negotiation skills; excellent work management skills; detailed understanding of machine manuals; demonstrated ability to multitask