The objective of this position is to provide technical expertise to improve the customer’s effective use of our products and solutions. Candidate will be responsible for leading the technical sales effort for CalAmp’s Public Subscriber products, providing complex customer product support resolution, and ensuring customer satisfaction.
Duties include having an advanced technical understanding of GSM and CDMA Cellular networks i.e. GPRS, EDGE, UMTS, HSDPA, HSPA+ 1xRTT, EVDO and EVDO Rev A, as well as the latest the LTE 4G technologies being recently deployed on all carriers. This subject matter expertise will be utilized with presales, deployment and post customer support through product presentations, provisioning, demonstrating, troubleshooting and optimizing CalAmp’s products and solutions. The candidate will provide advance technical support to the internal call center for issue resolution. Work conducted can be at the customer sites, corporate offices, remote via telephone communications, or other electronic means. In addition this position will be responsible for providing on-site training, installation support, and system operations.
· Bachelor’s degree (BA/BS) from a four-year college or university or two year degree from a technical institution. Three to five years successful performance in a customer service or technical support related position in an electronic technology related field including independent travel and customer contact. Thorough knowledge of cellular operating systems, networking and applications.
· Knowledge of Carrier Networks, Private ANP, DNS services, IP Routing principles, Firewalls and IP Security.
· Relevant wireless data experience in Public Safety, Transportation, Utilities, and or Wireless Carrier markets.
· Knowledge of Cisco CLI commands a plus
REQUIRED SKILLS AND ABILITY
Strong working knowledge of Systems Engineering principles acquired through practice.
· Detail oriented and able to coordinate work streams for on-time, on-budget delivery while ensuring project details are accounted for and acted upon.
· Strong understanding of competitive market.
· Strong technical writing skills.
· Must have excellent computer skills including the ability to utilize Excel, Word, Outlook, and CRM systems.
· Must have strong orientation toward providing customer satisfaction, establishing and maintaining effective process that ensure reliable effective CalAmp solutions.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Serve as a technical expert and consultative resource for the sales force.
· Work with public carriers to provide subscriber provisioning and registration support.
· Needs to have an excellent understanding/knowledge of configuring home type routers and Cisco Routers. Familiarity with networking protocols and setup of VRRP, DMZ, port forwarding, IPSec VPV, GRE, static routes, radius server, SSH, protocol filtering ect. Knowledge of Cisco CLI commands a plus.
· Conduct pro-active support to ensure the operation of CalAmp’s solution is optimal for each customer assigned during presales, deployment, and support phases of the customer lifecycle.
· Serves as customer advocate: provide lead technical liaison services, conduct product demonstrations, leads customer initiatives, and manages product issue resolution and provide status to the customer
· Respond to all customer inquiries in a timely manner and follow through to a successful resolution solution related problems.
· Provide subject matter expertise to CalAmp’s customer service group as well as customers with service issues
· Provide Case reports that identify problems encountered by customers with the objective of providing continuous improvement information back to CalAmp’s Product Management and Engineering.
· Identify new features / requirements and communicate to Product Management.
· Complete detailed trip reports and documentation of customer-related activities including prompt filing of expense account.
· Represent CalAmp in a positive, professional and enthusiastic manner demonstrating Core Values when working with both external and internal customers.
· Performs other responsibilities as assigned or required.