HARVARD-Educated, Patient & Engaging TUTOR for TEST PREP, SCHOOL APPLICATIONS, all BUSINESS SUBJECTS, and MATH & SCIENCE at all levels
Tutoring in the KANSAS CITY METRO AREA
- TEST PREP: GMAT, GRE, MCAT, SAT I & II, ACT, PSAT, ASVAB, OAT, DAT, TOEFL, AP (I scored in 99th percentile on all my exams and 5's on nine AP tests)
- SCHOOL APPLICATIONS: Business School, Medical School, College, High School -- choosing schools, writing personal statements and essays, etc.
- BUSINESS: Accounting (Financial & Managerial), Finance, Statistics, Economics (Micro & Macro), Strategy, Marketing (I was in the top 3-16% of my class for all subjects)
- MATH: Algebra (pre-, I & II), Geometry (including Analytical), Trigonometry, Statistics, Calculus (pre-, AP & multivariate), Differential Equations
- SCIENCE: Biology, Biochemistry & Molecular Biology, Chemistry (General & Organic), Physiology & Medical Science, Neurobiology, Psychology, Physics, Computer Science, Earth Science, Astronomy
- Harvard BA Chemistry (High Honors / 3.7 GPA)
- Certified Teacher (Harvard Graduate School of Education / State of Massachusetts / 4.0 GPA)
- INSEAD (FT-ranked #4 MBA worldwide) MBA with Distinction (top 10%)
- I have been full- or part-time in education since 2000, having taught and designed curricula at the middle and high school levels.
- I have tutored since 1992, and was selected by Harvard faculty as a tutor for my classmates.
- In addition, I have taught for two test prep and college consulting companies.
- For Test Prep, I help students build their own mental muscle so that on test day they are confident they can do it. This means that I do not solve the problem for them, but coach them to solve the problem on their own.
- If it is necessary to review concepts, I will do it in the way the student learns best. My approach is similar for Subject Tutoring.
- For Application Essays, I help applicants both discover and express their unique strengths and goals in their essays, and also have a clear strategy for applying to schools.
- I tutor one-on-one in Kansas City as well as remotely (this works best for students who send me essays or assignments by email for me to look at, and then we review them by phone, chat, and/or video).
- For one-on-one tutoring, we usually select a school or public library convenient for both of us.
- I also tutor in students' homes, though if it is far I may add a little for travel expenses.
STANDARD RATES: $30-60 (Discounts available for extended or multiple lessons, tutoring in my office or online/e-mail, or tutoring family/siblings)
REFERENCES and CREDENTIALS: Available -- just ask!
CONTACT ME: (650) 492-5665 -- if you get my voicemail I may be teaching and will reply ASAP!
WEBSITE: www.harvardprep.net (under construction)