Class C Truck Driver - Part Time (1247 S Wilson Way Stockton)
The Salvation Army Stockton Adult Rehabilitation Center is accepting resumes for Production Assistant (Truck Driver) - Class C.
Immediate Hiring. This is a part-time position.
Able to work weekends.
Minimum of 3 years of Large Truck /Bobtail driving experience required.
Must be at least 21 years of age to apply.
Apply in person at 1247 S Wilson Way Stockton, CA 95205.
Receiving resumes Monday to Friday, 8am to 3:30pm.
Bring a copy of your resume, driver's license, current DMV printout, High School Diploma/GED.
ALL requirements may also be faxed at (209) 466-9347. ATTENTION: RUTH
• Must be High School graduate or equivalent.
• Must meet State of Department of Motor Vehicles licensing requirements for the operation of trucks of the type used by this Center.
• Must pass driving test and driver safety video series.
• Be able to communicate effectively.
• Must be able to pass a criminal background check.
• Ability to sit, walk, stand, bend, squat, climb, kneel, and twist on an intermittent or continuous basis.
• Ability to grasp, push, pull objects such as files, file cabinet drawers, clothing carts, merchandise carts, rolling clothing racks, fixtures, furniture dollies, platform trucks and carts, hand trucks and miscellaneous carts.
• Ability to operate a wireless phone or radio.
• Ability to operate a motor vehicle
• Ability to lift up to 100lbs
• Ability to perform various repetitive motion tasks
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES:
1. Plan daily route based on pick-ups assigned.
2. Insure that all calls are made as scheduled and that care is taken to insure the security and safe handling of all donated goods and materials.
3. Instruct and supervise truck helper, keeping in mind that helper is in a rehabilitation program and that good personal and professional work habits are taught by example, as well as by instruction.
4. Responsible for developing assigned route, including bagging on both sides and across the street of each donation pick-up.
5. Responsible for the safety and security of the truck and equipment, including securing the hand-truck at the end of the day. Complete Truck Inspection Report daily and report maintenance and safety conditions.
6. Promptly report to immediate supervisor all accidents involving truck, personal injury or property damage.
7. Act as the representative of The Salvation Army and insure that all customers are treated courteously. Immediately report all problems that occur during donation pick-ups to supervisor, through dispatch.
8. Must maintain a neat appearance, including clean clothing, clean-, neatly trimmed beard, hair trimmed neatly, shirttail tucked in and appropriate headgear.
9. Responsible for the loading and unloading of assigned truck. Assist in the loading or unloading of other trucks as requested.
10. Attend all driver safety meetings.
11. Report all infractions of safety procedures to the Transportation Supervisor, including drivers backing up their trucks without the assistance of a back-up guide.