Housing Opportunities Project for Excellence, Inc. (HOPE, Inc.) is recruiting volunteers for a special civil rights testing project in your area.
Testing is a controlled process for ascertaining the nature, level, or extent of housing discrimination by using data gathered by trained volunteers (testers) who pose as housing seekers.
- Be 18 years of age or older
- Never have been convicted of a misdemeanor involving truth, veracity or honesty or of any felony
- Have good observational and writing skills
- Be able to donate approximately 3 hours for each test
- Be punctual and have access to reliable transportation
Participate in a 7-hour training session which consist to a 4-hour class and a practice test lasting approximately three hours
Each test (practice or otherwise) is scheduled for a time that is convenient to the applicant or tester; but once an applicant or tester has made a commitment to a particular test schedule, the test must be completed. Testers receive $65 - $100 for each completed test.
For location and training registration, please contact Vanester Turner at (954) 567-0545 between the hours of 9:00 a.m. and 5:30 p.m. Monday through Friday. Please let us know if you require any of the following: Braille, large print, Sign Language Interpreter or other assistance.