Thank you so much for your interest in volunteering with CASA of Williamson County, TX. Here is information on becoming a CASA/GAL volunteer with Williamson County CASA.
Our next class opportunity is January 15, 2013 and our schedule is attached. Please feel free to call us to set up an interview.
Attached to this email you will find a volunteer background request form, a volunteer application, media release, volunteer agreement and a volunteer job description. In the body of this email you will see what additional requirements are needed to complete our program.
Did you know that there are 580 children from Williamson County in the custody of the state of Texas? Our goal is to provide a CASA for every child who needs one. We are currently serving approximately 80 children with over 50 CASA volunteers. We can serve many more with your help.
Please visit our website at www.casawctx.com where you will find a frequently asked questions page and information about our program.
In order to volunteer with CASA all applicants must pass a criminal background check.
In addition the following are required:
A completed CASA application (attached) 5 references complete with phone numbers and complete addresses
· A clean driving record (You can request a 3A driving record print out from the DPS Website) Click here for driving record
· A copy of your drivers’ license
· Proof of automobile insurance
· Participate in a pre-training interview with CASA Staff
· 36 hours of training (we provide this to you). Our next class is scheduled to begin on January 15, 2013 Our next class starts on April 2, 2013
We are currently taking applications and scheduling interviews for all of our 2013 classes. Our 2013 training schedule will be released soon.
Please feel free to call our office with questions. Our office hours are Monday through Friday from 8:30AM - 5PM.