Responsibility for the execution of various risk-based financial, operational, and compliance audit and forensic review programs. Assess the adequacy and effectiveness of processes and controls in place to mitigate the following risks: Anti-Bribery/Anti-Corruption (“ABAC”), Anti-Money Laundering/Know Your Customer (“AML/KYC”), Conflicts of Interest (“COI”), Trade Compliance, OFAC Sanctions and Financial Fraud (Fraud, Corruption and Embezzlement risks involving Travel & Expense, Petty Cash, Cash Advances, Cash Receipts and Payroll).
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Independently execute all areas of audit program including audit planning, audit testing, control evaluation, report drafting, and issue remediation.
- Design and execute audit program steps created to test the key controls identified in the risk assessments.
- Interpret the significance of test results and opine on the reliability of the controls in the area under review.
- Identify, compile, and prioritize potential exceptions, exposures, and issues for audit management review.
- Ensure audit objectives are met while gathering and documenting sufficient evidence to support audit conclusion.
- Communicate written audit results in a timely, comprehensive, and clear manner to Manager, Internal Audit and CECO.
- Work with Manager, Internal Audit and CECO to conduct periodic risk assessments.
- Perform research as requested on internal audit assignments that require tact, discretion and confidentiality; compile results of research and submits conclusions to Manager, Internal Audit and CECO.
- Other duties as assigned.
TECHNICAL COMPETENCIES (Knowledge, Skills & Abilities)
- Advanced knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting theories, principles, policies and practices and terminology.
- Advanced knowledge of Internal Auditing Standards.
- Solid internal controls, financial, and operational processes audit competence.
- Knowledge of COSO internal control framework and risk assessment principles.
- Skilled in servicing multiple business lines.
- Strong computer skills utilizing software such as Microsoft Office Suite, e.g., MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint; and e-mail.
- Ability to maintain and foster sensitivity and respect for a culturally diverse work environment.
- Ability to display supportive behavior and communicate positively regarding department goals and objectives.
- Ability to deal effectively with a variety of personalities to establish and maintain effective working relationships.
- Ability to interact with all levels of employees at GIA, from executives to staff.
- Superior oral and written communication skills, with demonstrated ability to prepare coherent reports on auditing results, and present those reports.
- Ability to deal effectively with a variety of personalities to establish and maintain effective working relationships based on professionalism while maintaining independence.
- Ability to fulfill assigned commitments in a timely manner within established budgets while achieving quality results.
- Ability to prioritize and resolve conflicts when necessary.
- Demonstrates strong organizational, analytical, and multi-tasking skills.
- Willingness and ability to travel domestically and/or internationally, if needed.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelors in accounting, finance, law or related field.
- Three to five years internal audit experience required.
- Internal audit, financial audit/attestation with Big Four Accounting firms preferred.
- Professional certification, e.g. CPA, CMA, CIA, CISA or CFE preferred.
TO APPLY, COPY/PASTE LINK: