The Senior International Tax Accountant reports to the Global Tax Director and is responsible for corporate, domestic and international tax needs as they pertain to compliance, planning and risk mitigation.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Support foreign operations with international tax matters (e.g., tax law changes, local tax planning, intercompany charge out allocations, transfer pricing documentation).
- Assist with documentation, billing, review and month end accounting for international transfer pricing.
- Reconcile tax accounts for each local country with the general ledger accounts on a monthly basis.
- Review local country finance manager prepared annual taxable income calculations, work-paper documentation and calculations in support of book-to-tax adjustments for the income tax provisions under local country GAAP and ASC 740.
- Collaborate with third party service providers and supervise certain tax compliance projects including expatriates.
- Review foreign filing forms (local country and U.S.) including Form 5471.
- Assist with organization and managing local country audits.
- Prepare internal tax memos to provide advice and document procedures.
- Assists with managing ad hoc internal customer tax inquiries, suggest solutions.
- Update and keep current International Tax Calendar.
- Thoroughly and accurately analyze information.
- Keep informed of current tax developments.
- Other projects as assigned.
TECHNICAL COMPETENCIES (Knowledge, Skills & Abilities)
- Problem-solving and analytical skills
- Highly developed organizational skills and follow up
- Strong computer skills utilizing software such as Microsoft Office Suite, e.g., MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint; and e-mail.
- Excellent organizational skills
- Excellent grammar, written and verbal communication skills.
- The ability to manage time and work with others to ensure the timely completion of assigned work
- Knowledge of GAAP
- Ability to maintain and foster sensitivity and respect for a culturally diverse work environment.
- Ability to display supportive behavior and communicate positively regarding department goals and objectives.
- Ability to deal effectively with a variety of personalities to establish and maintain effective working relationships.
- Ability to make sound business decisions and able to accurately balance risks with business needs.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's degree, preferably with an emphasis in accounting, finance, or a related field; or equivalent experience in business or industry
- 3-4 years of Federal and U.S. international tax experience
- CPA or CPA candidate preferred
TO APPLY, COPY/PASTE LINK: