Bookkeeper (Full-time, Permanent)
Established in 2002, Thriftlodge Port Hastings is located close to Port Hasting Museum and offers free self-parking, allergy-free rooms and a sunbathing terrace. The venue comprises 69 rooms. We are now looking for a bookkeeper.
Work hours:35 hours/week
Start Date: As soon as possible
Positions Available: 1
Benefit:10 days paid vacation
Job Location: 21 Old Victoria Road, Port Hastings, Canada B9A 1L2
• Keeps records of financial transactions for establishment, using calculator and computer.
• Daily cash entries and balance sheet reconciliations
• Verifies, allocates, and posts details of business transactions to subsidiary accounts in journals or computer files from documents, such as sales slips, invoices, receipts, check stubs, and computer printouts.
• Summarizes details in separate ledgers or computer files and transfers data to general ledger, using calculator or computer.
• May compile reports to show statistics, such as cash receipts and expenditures, accounts payable and receivable, profit and loss, and other items pertinent to operation of business.
• May calculate employee wages from timecards and prepare checks for payment of wages.
• May compute, type, and mail monthly statements.
Qualification and Education Requirement
• Experience: if no compleion of college or recognized program in accounting or bookkeeping, several years of experience as a financial or bookkeeping clerck.
• Language: English is required
• Education: Completion of a college program in accounting, bookkeeping or a related field.
If you are interested in this position, please send your resume to email@example.com