Responsible for the safe flow of industrial goods in and within the branch or warehouse. Ensures branches are supplied as necessary by shipping and receiving goods, checking for accuracy, and appropriately processing orders. Supports the warehouse by stocking shelves, performing housekeeping activities within the work area, and operating a forklift in support of the movement of goods
- Receives goods into inventory, including unpacking and verifying contents against appropriate documents; ensures received goods are accurately input into the computer tracking system
- Prepares packages to be sent out in accordance with information on the packing slip; picks and packs goods for shipment as per customer and branch orders.
- Ensures goods are shipped in accordance with organizational best practices and customer requirements
- Maintain Bills of Lading, book and arrange carriers for timely delivery of goods.
- Stock shelves with received shipments, using the appropriate sorting/organization system and equipment, including forklifts
- Files packing slips from suppliers and co-workers; prints service and production documents as required
- Completes a daily forklift log
- Ensures the warehouse is maintained in a clean and organized fashion at all times
- Performs additional duties including local pickup and delivery tasks outside regular warehouse duties as required
- Operates forklift and activities within the work area in a safe manner.