At Brookfield Properties, the foundation of our success is firmly rooted in our people. Our company is comprised of experts across a range of specialties who share a goal of ensuring our properties are continuously evolving to meet the needs of our communities and stakeholders. To meet this goal, we hire visionary, entrepreneurial talent who help us innovate and enhance our business. We build collaborative teams who value integrity, creativity and diversity.
Our teams operate an iconic portfolio of irreplaceable properties within the world's most dynamic markets. As one of the largest real estate services companies, we provide management and development expertise exclusively for properties owned by Brookfield Asset Management. We take pride in the fact that our multifamily communities are places our residents are proud to call home. Our customer-focused associates set us apart from our competition - managing every aspect of our communities to ensure the highest level of service, value and convenience for residents.
We are searching for a talented Accounting Services Specialist to be based out of Hummingbird Pointe in Parma, OH.
We thought you might want to check out where you could be working next. Click here to take a peek at the property! Trust us… you are going to like what you see.
Coordinates and administers general business office activities of an apartment community. Performs bookkeeping and administrative functions. Maintains knowledge of regulatory compliance and company policies and procedures related to property management. Includes extensive use of property and company software systems.
- Reviews all resident and guarantor applications, leases and other related paperwork, verifying accuracy and completeness. Ensures that all billings are accurate and all monies are properly collected and accounted for prior to submitting the files to corporate for review.
- Supports and ensures timely input, proper use and full utilization of on-site PC-based property management software systems.
- Assists in ensuring that all affordable housing program requirements and applicable HUD/Agency regulations are monitored regularly and are in full compliance with appropriate regulatory agreements and agencies, including waiting list, certifications, re-certifications and other reporting requirements.
- Communicates with residents regarding accounting concerns/issues. Monitors property delinquency and prepares balance due notices and legal notices.
- Prepares and reviews all accounting month end reports and ensures that all accounting falls in line with corporate guidelines. Finalizes month end for the property.
- Prepares purchase orders, codes and processes vendor invoices for payment, sends documentation to the Corporate Office and follow up on vendor payment inquiries. Manages all invoices in Coupa.
- Prepares pre-move out letters for all accounts on notice. Prepares final account statements and finalizes accounting ledgers upon move outs. Ensures that all accounts are correct and submitted to corporate for review in a timely manner.
- Performs resident deposit audit on a weekly basis to ensure move in deposits are collected and applied accordingly.
- This position requires a High School Diploma & Vocational Training.
- An additional degree that is preferred for this position include: Associate Degree in Accounting.
- 1-2 years of required experience in Accounting, Bookkeeping, or Property Management.
- A preferred certification for this position includes: Accounting/Bookkeeping.
- Required skills for this position include: fair housing laws, affordable housing programs, and respect for policy.
- Preferred skills for this position include: Microsoft Office, One-Site, and personal accountability,
- This position requires up to 10% travel.
Brookfield Properties cares about the well-being and work-life balance of our valued associates! To show how much we care, we offer awesome incentives that include:
- Full benefits package
- Generous paid time off
- 401(k) with company match
- Growth and advancement opportunities
- Lucrative referral bonus program
- Incredible associate rental discount if you choose to live on-site! Who wouldn't want to live at one of our beautiful properties (especially at a discounted rate)?!
Equal Opportunity Employer: Minorities/Religion/Sex/Protected Veterans/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Marital Status/Pregnancy/Age/National Origin/Genetic Information
Drug free workplace