For nearly 120 years, Volunteers of America has been the charity to step forward and help the most vulnerable in communities across the United States. Volunteers of America, Southwest inspires hope through its ministry of service by providing individuals and families with the tools they need to improve their quality of life. We operate twenty- eight human service programs in the areas of education and social development of young children, treatment and rehabilitation, housing, veterans and aging services. Each year, more than 16,000 lives are changed through our services. Our programs are located in San Diego, Imperial, Riverside and San Bernardino Counties. To learn more, visit us online at http://www.voa-swcal.org/
Do you enjoy working with numbers? Do you excel at bookkeeping and/or accounting? Are you interested in joining an organization devoted to transforming lives? If so, we want to hear from you.
We are looking for a skilled Office Clerk to perform a variety of accounting, bookkeeping, and financial tasks.
The Office Clerk will be responsible for coordinating and maintaining program participant records, bookkeeping, record keeping, and personnel support. The Office Clerk will coordinate interactions with funding sources and other agencies.
A successful Office Clerk should be familiar with all accounting procedures and have a flair for numbers. Ultimately, the ideal candidate will have strong customer service skills, be detail oriented, highly organized and analytical and be computer savvy, especially with Access, Excel, and Word.
- Develops, coordinates, and maintains all client intake, exits, referral records and statistical data.
- Collects and records all client data, maintains and updates data on database.
- Prepares monthly invoices, data collection, and reports.
- Maintains client referral information for state parole liaison.
- Maintains client accounts by making deposits, issuing client checks, and receipts.
- Maintains petty cash fund and processes petty cash transactions.
- Tracks budget line item expenditures monthly, identifying variances and making recommendations.
- Develops, coordinates, and maintains automated inventory control system for office, linen, cleaning, and maintenance supplies.
- Trains and assists staff on use of computer and automated systems.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Must have either a degree in Accounting or Business, with at least 5 years’ experience in records management, personnel management, and bookkeeping or combination of education and experience.
- Must be proficient in Access, Excel, and Word.
- Must have at least 2 years’ experience in creating and maintaining databases, spreadsheets, and word processing.
- Must have knowledge and experience in record keeping, bookkeeping, and petty cash distributions.
- Must have excellent written and oral communication skills in English.
- Must have strong business writing skills.
- Must be able to interact effectively with state and local government officials, staff, program participants/clients, and promote a positive public image.
- Must be able to operate independently with minimal supervision.
- Must have a valid California Driver’s license.
- Must be able to obtain TB, physical, and drug screen prior to employment.
- Must obtain CPR/First Aid within 3 months of employment.
All applications must be submitted online. This employer participates in e-Verify.