The top ten ways to help , plus helpful information about the holidays.
1. Watch your purse , wallets and receipts
2. Check smoke alarms !
3. Emergency kits , extra blankets or flashlights
4. Adopt a child , foster , teach and mentor.
5. Adopt or foster an animal .
6. Evacuation plans , are you prepared for an emergency ?
7. Do you have an alarm system at all ? Surveillance , car alarms or business security?
8. Follow the American Red Cross for health , weather , fire and safety tips .
9. Take lifesaving classes with the American Red Cross or the American Heart Association
10. In case of an emergency please call 911