Become a Resource Parent!
Our Children’s Keeper Child & Family Services (www.ockffa.com) is a program of MU’EED Inc., a nonprofit, public benefit corporation. We provide Resource Homes for children who have been placed in protective custody through Child Protective Services (CPS).
We serve the needs of children and youth from infancy to 21 years of age. Resource Families (Formerly Foster Parents) are supported and financially reimbursed for being their resource family.
The basic requirements to be a Resource Parent are:
1. Be 21 years of age or older (25 years old for youth aged 18-21 & for Intensive Treatment Foster Care)
2. Have a safe, well maintained home environment (includes apartment, condo, etc.)
3. Have adequate space in your home for youth
4. Have time in your daily life to parent the youth
5. Have a sincere desire to make a difference in a child’s life
Steps to becoming a Resource Parent:
1. Attend an Orientation
2. Complete an RFA Application and Application Packet
3. Pass a background check which includes DOJ, FBI, Child Abuse Index, Megan’s Law and DMV.
4. Pass a Health & TB screening
5. Complete CPR/FA training
6. Complete required training hours
7. Complete a Psycho-social interview
8. Pass a Home and Grounds environment evaluation
To learn more about Our Children’s Keeper and becoming a Resource Parent or to Schedule an Orientation, call us at 916-486-1737 or email us at Recruitment@ockffa.com.